2002 chevy tahoe low mileage. Rare?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's still not worth a crazy amount of money maybe like 6-9 grand fixed. If it was the square generation before it probably. If you get it the frame sandblasted and recoated and sit on it for maybe 5-10 more years it's possible it could be worth high teens 20k.

SpareParts

Reaction score
Also you do not receive a title in your name if the vehicle is over 20 years old. Just to clarify, is someone sells a vehicle that is 20 years or older. That buyer gives the title to the dmv when registering it and does not receive a new one under his or her name. Just the registration. Then if that person wants to sell the vehicle, the next buyer only needs bill of sale a registration.
Man i wish Idaho was like that!

OP
OP
B

barbender88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's still not worth a crazy amount of money maybe like 6-9 grand fixed. If it was the square generation before it probably. If you get it the frame sandblasted and recoated and sit on it for maybe 5-10 more years it's possible it could be worth high teens 20k.
Thank you I appreciate your time. Definitely going to put some love into it.

OP
OP
B

barbender88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Man i wish Idaho was like that!
It's cool, except there are scammers that say they will give a bill of sale but don't have the car registered. Then one would have to go through the process of getting a title, hoping said vehicle is not stolen. I don't know why they do this now. I don't see how it makes anything any easier.

OP
OP
B

barbender88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for your time everyone. I will post updates as I fix what needs to be fixed.

Scotty Rock

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have not been on here for a month. I was going to post pictures and ask the community how rare my truck is. I just logged on and saw that my post was deleted for" nice try on selling your truck on here with only two posts". So here it is again with pictures. And obviously I would like opinions on what it is worth. It is a 2002 chevy tahoe 5.3 with 52k miles on in. There is damage to the front bumper and drivers side headlight. And my middle console cap is broken.
The mileage is a plus but with the body damage people will be reluctant to pay much for it.
I have a 2000 GMC Yukon Denali with 89k that I purchased for 11 grand and I put about three grand into it just to fix a few things. I also just purchased a 2006 Chevy suburban with 51,000 mi on it that's very clean inside and out and I paid $21,750 for it plus shipping to my house. In the condition yours is in I would say probably half the price of the Denali but that's just a guess, if you took care of the body damage and the interior is clean you could get some good money for it. Hope that helps.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will tell you that a 51k mile Tahoe from 2002 is not worth more than a 150k rig in my book. Vehicles that sit or are driven short distances are plagued with different issues. My 325k mile tahoe is in much better shape than than yours, cleaner engine bay and upgraded components. Rubber and gaskets dry out and deteriorate over time. I'm willing to bet this thing leaks just like any other high mileage rig. I'd recommend some common sense and not ask for feedback on a vehicle with a torn up front end, signs of rust and plenty of other visible cosmetic issues. Personally I would skip passed your truck if I saw it in an add and was shopping for a vehicle.

Parts truck good for an LS swap maybe $1500-$2000 around here.

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd recommend some common sense and not ask for feedback on a vehicle with a torn up front end, signs of rust and plenty of other visible cosmetic issues. Personally I would skip passed your truck if I saw it in an add and was shopping for a vehicle.

Not everyone is experienced or knowledgeable in this realm; there is no reason to dissuade people from asking questions. Common sense like this is only common to those with related lived experience, and everyone without is just the same as the person with the "common sense" was earlier in their life.

I'd recommend not responding if your only advice is to chastise the individual asking the question.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not everyone is experienced or knowledgeable in this realm; there is no reason to dissuade people from asking questions. Common sense like this is only common to those with related lived experience, and everyone without is just the same as the person with the "common sense" was earlier in their life.

I'd recommend not responding if your only advice is to chastise the individual asking the question.
Did we read the same post?? Opinions were requested on the value of the vehicle posted. I gave my opinion on a truck that looks worthy of the salvage yard or some serious TLC, just depends on your perspective.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz