2000 Yukon Maintenance Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

NotJLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Related, is there a difference between eliminating the rear air shocks on a Yukon and on the same-ish Escalade?

We replaced the rear air shocks and disabled the compressor on our Yukon, and I might want to do that with the Escalade. I got under it, which is hard to do for this ole guy, and there is something connected to the front shocks, too. I'm assuming that's part of the sensing system for the ride control.

If it matters, when I turn the ignition on, that air shock compressor does not run like it did on our Yukon.

OP
OP
N

NotJLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe some day someone will google onto this, and have an answer.

I went ahead and pulled the RTD fuse, after disconnecting the neg battery terminal, on our 2003 Escalade AWD, and took it for a short drive. The "Service Ride Control" message is gone and I did not see any ill affects.

The guy across the street bought our 2000 Yukon, and I looked to make sure that's what I did to disable the air message when we disable the air shocks on it, and replaced them with HD regular shocks. Funny, though, there was a space of an RTD fuse, but it was not marked, and there was no fuse there.

OP
OP
N

NotJLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another Escalade question. '03, 6.0 L, AWD

When coasting/engine-breaking downhill and turning left (only under those conditions), there is a little glitch feeling to come from the front transaxle. Sorta a momentary catch and a noticeable movement in the front of the vehicle.

Any thoughts?

OP
OP
N

NotJLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another Escalade question. '03, 6.0 L, AWD

When coasting/engine-breaking downhill and turning left (only under those conditions), there is a little glitch feeling to come from the front transaxle. Sorta a momentary catch and a noticeable movement in the front of the vehicle.

Any thoughts?

"Shudder" is a better description . . . lasts a second of two.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dzg9