2000 Yukon Maintenance Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

NotJLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup.

seems like I heard that there's more computer in a smartphone than in the Apollo moon craft

It's like the Escalade is haunted. There's so many things saved to memory by the previous owner, that they just change all by themselves.

I wanted to save the seat position and when I hit Driver 2, the radio came on (blaring), the outside mirrors changed, and the brake and accelerator pedals repositioned.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yup.

seems like I heard that there's more computer in a smartphone than in the Apollo moon craft

It's like the Escalade is haunted. There's so many things saved to memory by the previous owner, that they just change all by themselves.

I wanted to save the seat position and when I hit Driver 2, the radio came on (blaring), the outside mirrors changed, and the brake and accelerator pedals repositioned.
I think you can wipe tht all out through the dash dic thing. Scroll through and check.

OP
OP
N

NotJLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of which, our plan was to get a new-to-us tow vehicle, with less than 100,000 miles on it, and then service the transmission. The one we got, with 84,000 miles on it, has nice red transmission fluid, so it must have already gotten done.

OP
OP
N

NotJLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, can we talk about our new-to-us Escalade here, for continuity, or do I have to go to another place?

It's a 2003 with 84000 miles. We've had two HVAC actuators replaced, including that really-problematic passenger-side front one.

It's got a bad driver's seat motor, and the seat itself is not all that great.

Is that a salvage-yard fix?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, can we talk about our new-to-us Escalade here, for continuity, or do I have to go to another place?

It's a 2003 with 84000 miles. We've had two HVAC actuators replaced, including that really-problematic passenger-side front one.

It's got a bad driver's seat motor, and the seat itself is not all that great.

Is that a salvage-yard fix?

You can talk about anything you want brother......

Unless you want to buy a new seat motor/seat im sure you can find a working seat although unless you bring a power source to test it (jump box) you maybe buying blind at a u-pull-it, some yards by me pull those things and sell separately (little or no warranty) and a seat bottom cover you can find on ebay...many options

OP
OP
N

NotJLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please explain AWD. Specifically, when we launched our boat, we always put the Yukon in 4WD because the rear wheels would be on the slimey wet ramp.

What should we do with the Escalade, with AWD?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please explain AWD. Specifically, when we launched our boat, we always put the Yukon in 4WD because the rear wheels would be on the slimey wet ramp.

What should we do with the Escalade, with AWD?
Nothing, if it slips awd kicks in, is there a 4low? You can use that if you have but awd is always on, so to speak ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71