2000 Yukon Maintenance Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

NotJLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing, if it slips awd kicks in, is there a 4low? You can use that if you have but awd is always on, so to speak ...

Thanks. That's what I figured, but on an Escalade forum someone was asking why their fronts were not grabbing when they were on dry and the rears were spinning.

There is no 4LO, or any selector, like on the Yukon.
- - - - - -
BTW, I can't remember if I said it, but when our neighbor across the street saw the Escalade sitting next to our Yukon (they are amazingly twin-like, same base and same pewter color), he came over and asked what we were going to do with the Yukon. We hadn't decided yet, but he wanted it, so that made our decision.

So, when we look out the front, we still see it.

;)

OP
OP
N

NotJLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I can ask anything . . .

When we try to put a CD in our new-to-us 2003 Escalade, it chatters like it is spinning and trying to pull the disc in, but doesn't. Then it shows an error message "Check CD."

An Escalade forum showed that others had the same problem, and that some had solved it by pulling the radio fuse and putting it back in. That did not work on ours. The thread was closed, so I couldn't post to it.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since I can ask anything . . .

When we try to put a CD in our new-to-us 2003 Escalade, it chatters like it is spinning and trying to pull the disc in, but doesn't. Then it shows an error message "Check CD."

An Escalade forum showed that others had the same problem, and that some had solved it by pulling the radio fuse and putting it back in. That did not work on ours. The thread was closed, so I couldn't post to it.
And with that, im out

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I kinda figured there's a limit.
I just dont care much about Audio/video,I don’t care how big my TV’s are in my house or if it’s got surroundsound or if the cars got some boomin bass ********, i just don’t care its not me I’d rather hear the sound of headers and exhaust or the pipes on my bike then radio blasting in my ear.
I will tell you though sounds like either something stuck in the cd player like another CD or the CD player itself took a crap and the radio is probably junk at this point. my two cents ;)

OP
OP
N

NotJLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a Bose system and the best sounding car radio I've ever owned. Cassette player works, too.

OP
OP
N

NotJLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about a 6.0 L Vortec question?

I was accelerating and there was a series of quick warning chimes . . . beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep. I glanced at the dash and the oil gauge had zeroed out. It came back up when I stopped accelerating. Accelerated again and the gauge dipped again.

Stopped vehicle, shut off engine. When I restarted, it would not do it again.

No fault codes.

OP
OP
N

NotJLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about a 6.0 L Vortec question?

I was accelerating and there was a series of quick warning chimes . . . beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep. I glanced at the dash and the oil gauge had zeroed out. It came back up when I stopped accelerating. Accelerated again and the gauge dipped again.

Stopped vehicle, shut off engine. When I restarted, it would not do it again.

No fault codes.

It looks like the oil sending unit:

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thre...-crazy-low-pressure-some-advise-for-ya.19347/

OP
OP
N

NotJLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oil sending unit seems to be the problem.

replaced

OP
OP
N

NotJLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a few older threads discussing how to eliminate the Service Ride Control message. I did that on our Yukon when the air shocks were replaced with heavy-duty shocks. I googled it and did something simple like is suggested . . . disconnect the negative battery terminal then pull the RTD fuse . . . then reconnect the battery.

It's been long enough ago that I can't remember that I did exactly that, but I did something simple like that.

We have that message on the new-to-us Escalade, and I thought I'd run this past y'all before I do that with it.

Thinking of having our mechanic person just put HD shocks on it.

Thanks.

;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2