Not Knowing History - 200k Mile Maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Vman1313

Vman1313

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
timing chain, shocks, ball joints, control arms ALL No
unless the shocks feel bad, are leaking or do not operate correctly then they are fine.
get a professional front end inspection and do what is recomended, this will include testing the ball joints and hubs, if nothing is recomended do nothing
timing chain is fine, leave it be unless you have some reason to believe otherwise. they do not need to be serviced.

Otherwise you forgot Brake Flush, Power steering flush.
and DEF do heater hose T's and lines, those are prone to break at a moments notice dumping all the coolant out in nothing flat usually at a inoportune moment.

next trip to the junkyard grab a couple front impact sensors and toss them in the toolbox, eventually you will need one or both.
same with door & window switches.
GREAT INFO! Thank You! I was planning to hit a junkyard next week, Ill add those to some of my parts I wanted to have spares of.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's been mentioned above to change radiator hoses and the plastic Tees (if you have rear heat). I would strongly recommend that you change ALL coolant hoses, as they are probably original and any one could fail at any time.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is awesome! Printed it out for reference as I research and decide. I knew there would be some good knowledgeable people here.
QUESTION: I plan to do some mild dirt roads which get muddy here in Georgia and want to make sure my 4wd is in good working order.
Do you still think I should hold off on differentials til after the other things you mentioned?
Guess it depends on how soon you plan on doing this. I'd prioritize not getting stuck by a surprise from your truck. Statistically, that's the order in which NYC cabdrivers get surprised.
Your experience may differ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts