05Single's virgin build thread. 03 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I see you did the dual filament conversion on the turns. I've had the idea to do this for a while. Even went as far as thinking about doing switchbacks in the reverse spot for dual function. Leaving the turn for marker/brake.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Have you done this yet? Curious on how it would look.

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Coming along friend. You will move baking a backup cam! I have it hooked into my clarion unit and it's such a nice feature!
Mainly for my wife. She's asian..:signs8:......but seriously :smh:

I have a hard time trusting the cameras to be honest. Growing up learning to drive for so many years without them. I'm sure there will be times where I'm glad I have it.

04Huck

"I'd rather be lucky than good"
Reaction score

I have a hard time trusting the cameras to be honest. Growing up learning to drive for so many years without them. I'm sure there will be times where I'm glad I have it.
I feel the same way, however I will say it's a nice feature for depth judgment when backing up. Using my bosses f250 with it, I came to love it. Just purely backing up I still look over my shoulder but the last couple feet I'll use the camera to really get in close or hooking up a trailer

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hate to say it guys buttttttt, i grew up driving with no cameras too but f that, i pop that ***** in reverse and watch the camera and side view mirrors, my new work truck came with one too, i love it.....

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I didn't use it at first. But hooking up to my boat trailer that camera is golden. Lol. I have mine mounted right square in the middle of my rear bumper, where the two step pads meet in the middle, which looks right over my tow package.

Last edited:
OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
For trailers it's a win everytime for sure. I've driven tons of other vehicles with cams, even ones with side and frontal for 360° view, those set ups were actually nice and handy.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I have to hook up my other cam to my work van. I've been driving it for 4 yrs and I still have trouble judging sometimes.

osiris94ej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you done this yet? Curious on how it would look.
I haven't gotten around to it yet. As soon as I can order enough led's to swap the rear over. Also not sure how it will work for reverse light output using switchbacks as reverse, don't want to lose my output I already have.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Had the popular hatch corrosion issue that I've been staring at for 2 years. You guys in the north know what I'm talking about.
I had cleaned it up and plastidipped it for a temporary fix. Well no more.
Removed dip, then began to sand and blend and layed primer.
Not sure how I'm going to blend the top by the wiper, but I have an idea. Don't want to paint the entire hatch just yet.
Either way I'm glad those bubbles and chipping is gone.
Won't look perfect but it'll look better. c5d10e1d7a8915a279c9877e3f1098fe.jpgf987e0e2263ff8aabfec0e36e79fbc2a.jpg728fe57efe48b09baadbf0598ffa9f33.jpg3c3d058596cdaf73a1a79511bdc8ae62.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_burks