05Single's virgin build thread. 03 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
What does your wife drive?
Yea. I work nights, she works days. See each other on the weekends, perfect relationship [emoji38]
2015 chrysler 200S.
The white one in some of my pics.

Last edited:

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I no nothing about headlights so Im serious about this question, is that really how u open them up? In the oven? Nothing gets damaged, temp how long? Etc etc. i know youre not at 550 for an hour and all lights are diff times because of size prob but what like 250 10 min or something?

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I no nothing about headlights so Im serious about this question, is that really how u open them up? In the oven? Nothing gets damaged, temp how long? Etc etc. i know youre not at 550 for an hour and all lights are diff times because of size prob but what like 250 10 min or something?
Close
Depending on lights and what is used for sealant, and what age the lights are. The range is between 200 and 215. I never go higher. Try 5 minutes, then 10. It's all about feel. I've done tons of lights before these, been baking lights since 09 lol.
Key is patients, they won't open first time around, have to take them out and work them the put them back in. Usually takes 3 times before a lens is off. My first light ever took me about a dozen times in and out of the oven cause naturally I was scared to ruin my lights. (Also I didn't have a spare set in case I did ruin them) pro tip, *always have a spare set ready.

Place them on a piece of plywood cause the metal rack will leave marks.
Good to use gloves, I usually don't tho.
I've seen some use a heat gun, but that takes forever and the possibility of damage is greater cause there's no control on the heat

That being said with the nnbs lights I'm pretty sure those are held together with permaseal and have to be cut open with a dremel. There's a couple members on here you can ask that have done nnbs lights, i haven't yet.
@01Konvict @soulsea @NathanJax

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Yeah 07-14 are pain in the a$$ seal but come apart no problems. Bake 215 for 10 minute intervals until open. Pry a corner and open then bake and open a little further and back then open again until it's all apart. I can help if you have questions

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Wait, and i swear im not being a dick, preheated to temp?
215. Once it's ready start cooking lights like you would food. Instead of stirring occasionally your prying open lol.

Yeah 07-14 are pain in the a$$ seal but come apart no problems. Bake 215 for 10 minute intervals until open. Pry a corner and open then bake and open a little further and back then open again until it's all apart. I can help if you have questions
Oh nice, so it's just the silverado and sierra ought that are permaseal?

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
215. Once it's ready start cooking lights like you would food. Instead of stirring occasionally your prying open lol.

Oh nice, so it's just the silverado and sierra ought that are permaseal?

Pretty much all gm lights are perma seal. Don't ever cut them open! Bake and separate the correct way