ZW7 Nivomat rear shock question (lowering)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squishy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello I got a lowering kit from belltech , it was the 2 front 3/4 rear full kit without shocks and this was about a year ago I had them put on I just went back in to have the 1 inch spacers removed from the rear and it still hasn't quite dropped the back to even it out like I want, Now I had a talk with the guy and he said I have the zw7 nivomat shocks which are meant to hold part of the truck up and I read somewhere else that putting regular shocks on with the lowering coils I got will make it drop almost 6 inches because the nivomats are holding it up an inch , inch 1/2 .... any input would be nice.

Also do these shocks try pushing the rear end back up even with the lowering coils and such in the rear, because that is kind of how I feel.

DPGDirk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, the Nivomat shocks are self-leveling, so they will try to lift the back up if you install lowering springs.

I dropped my Yukon 2" in back, but the kit came with lower shock mount relocating brackets...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10