Z85 vs Z95

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

farva1989

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Yukon slt with the Z85 suspension, the rear air shocks have started to leak (again), they were replaced under warranty at the 2 year mark, and now at the 4 year mark they need to be replaced again and vehicle is off the 3/year warranty and extended warranty wont cover replacement, dealer wants 385 per shock, and I don't want to pay that if I'm replacing them every other year. is there a shock that people recommend to hold up with northern canadian winters, I'd like to keep the air suspension as the ride is fantastic. we don't tow/haul with the yukon as that's what the duramax is for.
the shock I am considering is Arnott MR3626 (RPO code z95) but I'm not sure of the compatibility with the stock RPO code Z85.
thanks.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Yukon slt with the Z85 suspension, the rear air shocks have started to leak (again), they were replaced under warranty at the 2 year mark, and now at the 4 year mark they need to be replaced again and vehicle is off the 3/year warranty and extended warranty wont cover replacement, dealer wants 385 per shock, and I don't want to pay that if I'm replacing them every other year. is there a shock that people recommend to hold up with northern canadian winters, I'd like to keep the air suspension as the ride is fantastic. we don't tow/haul with the yukon as that's what the duramax is for.
the shock I am considering is Arnott MR3626 (RPO code z95) but I'm not sure of the compatibility with the stock RPO code Z85.
thanks.
Z95 is the Magneride suspension which you don't have. Arnott may make aftermarket replacements that are rebuildable. It does not seem normal to me that they are failing so soon, we usually see about 7-8 years out of them before they leak. Maybe the compressor is pumping them up too much?

OP
OP
F

farva1989

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Z95 is the Magneride suspension which you don't have. Arnott may make aftermarket replacements that are rebuildable. It does not seem normal to me that they are failing so soon, we usually see about 7-8 years out of them before they leak. Maybe the compressor is pumping them up too much?
We had the compressor checked and dealer said everything was within spec,
I’m assuming the northern Canadian winter is the biggest contributing factor in the failure, was hoping to see if anyone up north had experience with an aftermarket shock before buying an oem replacement.

And I didn’t think the z95 shock would work, thank you for confirming my suspicions.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had the compressor checked and dealer said everything was within spec,
I’m assuming the northern Canadian winter is the biggest contributing factor in the failure, was hoping to see if anyone up north had experience with an aftermarket shock before buying an oem replacement.

And I didn’t think the z95 shock would work, thank you for confirming my suspicions.
I do remember discussions about this with our Canadian friends on here but don't remember who anymore. If you use the search feature I'm sure you'll come across their posts from this year to about 5-6 years back and can query them for assistance.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shock failures every few years with this suspension is not normal.

For OEM replacements, go to GMPartsDirect.com and enter your vin number, and you will find a better price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnimalMother