Twin Tube or Mono Tube

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ss4chad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What's the difference? Or maybe a better question is, what do I choose?
2017 GMC Yukon XL Denali with the Z95 Magneride Suspension. I just had the front struts replaced under warranty but I want to replace the rear shocks, the Yuke has 90k miles. The front Shock/Struts were replaced with Arnott's so I thought I would install the same on the rear, but it has a choice between Mono Tube and Twin Tube. What's the difference?

Chad

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. Any reason they replaced with Arnott while under warranty? Arnott makes good stuff with lifetime warranty but I was just wondering. For the rear Arnott makes a good shock for the auto leveling systems which I assume your rig has.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct replacement should be based on your VIN number. You could try Rockauto or one of the online GM Dealers that ask for your VIN number to verify correct part.

OP
OP
ss4chad

ss4chad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Shocks were leaking oil and stiff as a board. Felt like it had rubber bumpers in the front instead of shocks!
After the install (front) it sure looks like it is sitting higher in the front, I thought the new struts just need to settle but they haven't yet but they sure seem to be higher that they were before. Is that an adjustment I can make to the front?

CHad

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Twin tube is a firmer ride. The monotube are a softer ride.
I just got some slightly used rear magnarides to swap out the arnott twin tube.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me when I put on passive front struts. It raised it about 2 inches. I kept my original strut/springs and just recently ordered active struts and put them in my old springs. Now it’s back to the correct height. Mine is lowered 2” in front so the springs that made it higher looked awful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts