Z71 springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Just got my spring. Now ive got a stupid question. Does it matter which end goes up or are they the same?

swtz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the stock springs don't have a direction specification

zaathur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much lift do the Z springs give?

a friend with a non z71 package against mine both with same tire size and air pressure measured several places my z71 sat about 1.5" taller in back, im sure it will very as how old the springs are or how much that person towed on the rear on height difference

swtz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought it was a 1.5" as well..
just measure before and after then post up what the measurements are..

polobuds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you don't get 1.5" from the coils, but that's just my experience. I installed my keys and kept stock coils, and my front was about an 1" higher than the rear. I then installed z71 coils and 1" rear spacers without adjusting the front keys, and now, rear is maybe 1/4" - 1/2" higher than front.

IMG_4527.jpg

Last edited:

brucebruce45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure they are both turned the correct way. I always turned mine in towards each other. What i mean is at the top where the coil ends turn them towards each other

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Does anybody know if the Denali springs are the same as the Z71 springs? I picked up a pair of Denali springs that came off a tow package model and they measure unloaded close to 18".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick