Z71 springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01TX_Tahoe

Semper Fi
Reaction score
are the z71 springs a good replacement for the stocks in a non z71 tahoe? i'm looking to replace my springs too. i'm not lifted or anything...yet but want to change them out. are you guys gettin em used?

polobuds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got mine used. had about 40k miles on them. I got them because I had nivomats and took those out, so I needed a little more load capacity on my coils. Z71 coils provide a little more load capacity than stock coils, and aren't swapped for height or ride comfort

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'll get a little lift with the Z coils, but it's negligible...around 1/2" IIRC, not enough to really notice. As mentioned, they are mostly used for increasing rear load capacity a little bit.

As an aside, I could really use some Z71 springs, as the stockers on the Burb are pretty worn out (230K miles on them). If anyone knows someone who is going to lift a Z71 and getting rid of a pair, let me know. I'd take a set of H2 coils as well. Paying $100/ea from a dealership isn't in the cards (and isn't worth it on this truck IMO).

PUGLIA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just found out why i have been so frustrated with the rear of my hoe!! My LT had a Z71 rear end in it the whole time. I thought I had Ordered Z springs to replace what I thought were weaker ls springs and had them put in by a guy I know. Come to find out when I purchased brakes for the rear of my hoe the other day I bought LT rear brakes and they didn't fit. I had to buy Z brakes because my hoe was outfitted with the HD rear the Z71 comes stock with. It made me think about all the blown air assist bags and sagging since I replaced the springs so I popped them out and compared them....... Sure enough I had Z springs in there to start off with and the guy sold me LS springs when I ordered Z springs. So now my hoe is 1/2 in taller again and hopefully tomorrow I will see the towing that I have been looking for. Ahhhh life sometimes you just gotta laugh or go shoot a gun!

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
hahaha sux to find out the hard way!!

I got sum denali springs which are the same fas the z71 springs I believe since they have more coils and are taller then my stock yukon springs. I got them installed with my spacers and the rear is a lil bit taller now. I still have the GM lean but its not near as bad now! I will get sum pics and fender heights soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne