Yukon wont start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Faceman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hello everyone im new to the site and this will be my first post but i am hoping you guys can help me out.
i have a 97 yukon slt that started giving me problems this weekend. After driving for about an hour the truck turned off on me. i pulled over and tried to turn it back on but no luck. finally pull my booster out the back and get it to turn back on but it takes all the power from my booster. drive for another 20 mins and park. same thing when i come back out but this time my booster is dead so i have to leave it where its at and come the next day with a fully charged booster.driving home i notice the gauge with the battery drops a little if im opening and closing the windows or if the hazards are on. it drops really low when im coming out of a parking space. im pretty sure my battery is no good but any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance

I also believe my belt tensioner needs to be replaced. would that have an effect on anything stated above?

Last edited:

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
Load test the battery and alternator at a repair shop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mazer16