Yukon threw warnings and died - Error Code P0601

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just got a 2014 Yukon SLT (5.3 motor) Wednesday and it ran fine untll today. My wife was sitting at her Dad's shop to see why the check engine light was on earlier (O2 sensor apparently) when it just stopped running and threw errors about stabilitrak and a few others. He ran the scanner again it it gave out error P0601 and mentioned the PCM. It would not start until he cleared the codes. She drove it home it and died in the driveway (about 15 after the first time it died). I did a little research and checked on here but found only 1 post with the same error code. Any tips or ideas where to start or what it could ultimately be? Best guess is a faulty ground somewhere, but hoping to avoid replacing the module all together. Anyone had experience with this error? We're hoping to go through it tomorrow and see what we can figure out.
Thanks in advance!
PCM's Memory check sum test is failing. that means the on board rom failed

the ROM ('read only memory' has failed)

bad voltage faluty battery bad alternator bad wires

worst case the memory chip soldering failed or the ROM has failed, faulty programming

OP
OP
Xypher

Xypher

I Like It Loud
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update: Dropped it off at the stealership, waiting to hear back from them. We bought it from them a week ago on their wholesale to the public lot. You can get a decent price but the issue with that is it comes with no warranty. They said they'd "work with us" on the cost. Can't wait to see what they say is wrong with it and the cost. I will update when we get it back since this seems to be an issue that's not posted on here much.

OP
OP
Xypher

Xypher

I Like It Loud
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They couldn’t replicate the error or get the vehicle to shut down. They didn’t want to replace the ecm because “it’s expensive”. Yeah, we all know that it’s expensive at a dealership. Charged me $99 for the diagnostics that I didn’t need done and told me to come pick it up. If it does it again to just bring it back. So literally nothing was resolved, and just need to hope it doesn’t shut down going 70mph down the highway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st tahoe