Yukon Front Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gtp1500

Reaction score
Hey guys, my Yukon had been setting for a couple years after hitting a deer at 30mph. I just bought a non oem bumper and am a bit puzzled with the bottom corner brackets not matching up to the frame supports. I pulled the old one off I guess too long ago, I just don’t remember there being any short brackets to make the gap. The corner brackets appear to be in correct. I did force one side up but it pulled the bumper up way too much and deforms the bumper and air dam.
Thanks for any input..

Attachments

• IMG_3880.jpeg
    IMG_3880.jpeg
    244.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3881.jpeg
    IMG_3881.jpeg
    259.8 KB · Views: 8

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, my Yukon had been setting for a couple years after hitting a deer at 30mph. I just bought a non oem bumper and am a bit puzzled with the bottom corner brackets not matching up to the frame supports. I pulled the old one off I guess too long ago, I just don’t remember there being any short brackets to make the gap. The corner brackets appear to be in correct. I did force one side up but it pulled the bumper up way too much and deforms the bumper and air dam.
Thanks for any input..
probably bent the bracket backwards from the deer, just bend it back where it should be

OP
OP
gtp1500

gtp1500

Reaction score
probably bent the bracket backwards from the deer, just bend it back where it should be
Problem solved! After you mentioned being bent which I figured they were too stout to bend with how I hit the deer I remembered when I took the bumper off originally I missed those two bolts and in doing that it allowed the bumper to swing out and down from the top and bent the brackets then. Thanks for the reply because I didn’t want to bend them in case I was missing some extra brackets or my bumper was built off… Thanks again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo