Yukon Dual Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tire is gonna determine whether or not he needs to regear. If he's gonna run 33's it's not gonna matter much at all. plenty of people run stock gears on lifted trucks. It's not like he's gonna stuff 44's under it, 6" is a pretty mild and common lift.
Yeah of course, but what size tire do you think is going on a 20 x FOURTEEN INCH WIDE wheel? Why would he run 33s on a 20 x 14" wheel with a 6" lift? Then were talking about width. A 14" wheel is going to stick out past the fender, what, 4 or 5 inches? Then more for the tire. Its not just weight, its also contact patch. Aerodynamics are going to be hurt with those wheels and lift. Then lets consider why they want to put this on, plus they are spending on other mods. Re-gearing is a logical piece to this overall setup, unless the OP either doesn't care about losing acceleration or is some how adding 100+ ft lbs tq so it doesn't become a slug.

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah of course, but what size tire do you think is going on a 20 x FOURTEEN INCH WIDE wheel? Why would he run 33s on a 20 x 14" wheel with a 6" lift? Then were talking about width. A 14" wheel is going to stick out past the fender, what, 4 or 5 inches? Then more for the tire. Its not just weight, its also contact patch. Aerodynamics are going to be hurt with those wheels and lift. Then lets consider why they want to put this on, plus they are spending on other mods. Re-gearing is a logical piece to this overall setup, unless the OP either doesn't care about losing acceleration or is some how adding 100+ ft lbs tq so it doesn't become a slug.

Idk, fury’s 33x14.5 seems to be pretty popular now. People are running low pro’s on wide wheels. 14 isn’t super wide anymore, calm down gramps.

His choice to make, you don’t need to re gear for 35’s. Go read truck forums, most of those guys run 35’s or 33’s on stock gears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Idk, fury’s 33x14.5 seems to be pretty popular now. People are running low pro’s on wide wheels. 14 isn’t super wide anymore, calm down gramps.

His choice to make, you don’t need to re gear for 35’s. Go read truck forums, most of those guys run 35’s or 33’s on stock gears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gramps? Calm down? You're the fool trying to ignorantly make an argument out of your own assumption, and a single example. Then act like its expected because "fury did it". OP has already said they were not doing that...

Whats the point of even mentioning low pros? Its already been established, that's not relevant at all in this thread.

"Most of those guys run 35's or 33's on stock gears." Theres no way in hell you honestly know what "most guys run in there vehicles", and then whether or not they plan on doing it. You're just trying to justify starting an argument with some outlandish statement that you have no clue if its true or not. Grow up dude, I was trying to advance the discussion, and to get a better overall picture. You thought you were being smart by trying to start an argument over what should have been an obvious conclusion.

OP
OP
CJ Rodarme

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do what I want, this has nothing to do with my question about the exhaust. And I work at a tire shop so I know a thing or two about wheels and tires. I want my wheels to stick out of my fenders, I specifically got wheels with a huge lip and -76 offset. The plan is 4.56s when I throw a dana 44 up front this summer. Cam and tune will come if the money is right but I really don't have a true necessity for it. I've talked to multiple people with gmt800 tahoes/yukons on 20/22/24 x 14 and a majority of them have no supporting modifications.

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
I put
275/60R20 duratracs 33inch on mine and it feels like im dragging an anchor compared to stock.Sure you can drive with 35's just major torque loss i can't stand how slow it feels.So more power or re-gear for me.To answer your question-the exahust should work from the truck-you made need to cut and reweld some exhaust hangar locations-and maybe slight mods.I would call an exhaust place to be sure.

christmas day 2018 063.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
CJ Rodarme

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for a reply that actually has to do with the thread. With that being said it should work because I think it just comes with hangers that I weld on since it works with all wheelbases.

OP
OP
CJ Rodarme

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah you don't usually get problems with rust with tires until they're past the point of use

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes the Denali exhaust is true dual all the way to the muffler so my recommendation is to buy American Racing or Kooks headers which replicate that and fit exact. Then you just need to have a muffler shop run 2 pipes from there back, incorporating 2 separate mufflers. That way with the headers you’re all the way back to just in front of the rear tires plus they sound badass. I don't have pics of the stock exhaust but here's my AR headers. They fit perfectly on my 02 Denali. I have a dual-in single-out Aero Turbo muffler with a single pipe for the last few feet where it goes up over the axle but like I said you could run 2 pipes and 2 mufflers. The biggest problem is those last few feet unless you do away with the spare but if you're running huge tires like you want, a regular size spare prolly isn't any good to you anyway. BTW why is there a chicken on your head in your avatar pic?IMG_6770.JPG