Yukon Denali XL Front End Shake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devlin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 06 Yukon Denali XL that has a front end shake when applying brakes going downhill or braking hard. I have already ordered new rotors and brake pads that I will be installing this weekend. Is there anything else I should look for while I'm down there such as suspension/drive train to see if something else is loose? Thanks,

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like warped rotors to me. If you live in a salt state, take extra time to clean any corrosion from the hub face, caliper slides, and pad saddles

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is most likely rotors, as stated previously. But with the age of the vehicle -- you do not list miles -- wheel bearings can also be an issue. Since you are going to be in there anyway, you might look into that.

OP
OP
Devlin

Devlin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It is most likely rotors, as stated previously. But with the age of the vehicle -- you do not list miles -- wheel bearings can also be an issue. Since you are going to be in there anyway, you might look into that.
Sorry, forgot to put mileage. I currently have 128k.

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From my personal experience warped rotors are less the problem, then play in axle components. Thats because if you brake, there is always a little unevenness on the brakes, but if you have play ind for example in wishbone, tie rods or
ball joints, his extents the shake and make it feel in the steering wheel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts