Yukon Denali leaks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WillieE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Recently purchased a 2015 Yukon Denali! The overhead console leaks during heavy rains! Dealer Has not stopped leak after 3 attempts! Basically acting as if there is nothing wrong!

Attachments

• IMG_1734.jpeg
    IMG_1734.jpeg
    149.4 KB · Views: 8

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a possible list:

1. Shark fin antenna gasket - pull down head liner and have someone hose that area.
2. Plugged sunroof vent lines - blow gently with compressed air
3. Leaking sunroof - again, pull head liner down and inspect when wet
4. Windshield replaced and not properly caulked - remove head liner to look ar when wet.

Basically, you need to drop the head liner, jump inside and have a helper hose down the truck - METHODICALLY. Don't just pretend it's are car wash water fight. Hone in on certain areas until you know it's dry or not. Not easy, I know, but doable.

OP
OP
W

WillieE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you! Dealer claims to have done all this minus the windshield!

jets

Reaction score
Recently purchased a 2015 Yukon Denali! The overhead console leaks during heavy rains! Dealer Has not stopped leak after 3 attempts! Basically acting as if there is nothing wrong!

Totally off topic but those Iottie phone cradles are awesome. I have them installed in my fleet trucks.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a possible list:

1. Shark fin antenna gasket - pull down head liner and have someone hose that area.
2. Plugged sunroof vent lines - blow gently with compressed air
3. Leaking sunroof - again, pull head liner down and inspect when wet
4. Windshield replaced and not properly caulked - remove head liner to look ar when wet.

Basically, you need to drop the head liner, jump inside and have a helper hose down the truck - METHODICALLY. Don't just pretend it's are car wash water fight. Hone in on certain areas until you know it's dry or not. Not easy, I know, but doable.

My factory windshield was leaking when I bought my Yukon used at 1 year old with 34,000 miles. It was resealed by the dealer, as they said the factory urethane was not applied correctly. I suppose it may have leaked for 34,000 miles, or not??? The carpet was statured on the passenger side of the vehicle, and during rain events, the rain would slowly drip down the windshield on the passenger side as well as the passenger side B-pillar. Check there, if not, it's likely the roof antenna or your sunroof if you have one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo