Yukon D2S 5.0 Retrofit Fitting Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To anyone who has done this, did you use the rubber "gasket" between the projector and the reflector? I bought the tool to tighten the lock rings with and I've tightened it to the point where I'm scared to go much more and the projector can still be wiggled a little bit so I'm nervous that they'll move after hitting bumps in the road. They seemed to be more sturdy without the seal but I still fear that one big bump and it'll move and then the nut will be loose.

I didn't grind down the lip on the reflector side of the hole because it doesn't look like the reflector is even on all sides so I wondered if that would cause problems also or weaken the plastic too much. I gound down the back lip completely so there was a good flat surface for the retainer and lock ring. I thought about taking the seal out and putting epoxy or something to attach the projector to the reflector another way once I get the beam level but if that doesn't work there'll be a huge mess left behind.

Matt_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What became of this? Was looking at the D2S 5.0 for my yukon. Should I go a different route?

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the seal and bought the lock ring tool and tightened the sh*t out of it. So far I don't believe they have moved. I did end up taking both headlights back apart and putting washers under the inside mount for the reflector to move the cut off. It's hard to tell just looking at it on the truck until you put the projectors in but the reflectors are pointing in and therefore so will the projectors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk

Latest posts