You guys use high mileage engine oil?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
YNOT

YNOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to try a different engine oil for fun, but I'm not going to do any Royal Purple on the drivetrain, I'm sick of laying under that thing.

Robert.K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x2 on the royal purple, that stuff is amazing. My only problem is that It burns away kinda quick, or i might have a very little leak. dont see one, but about every 3 months I find myself add oil to it. thinking about going with the 10w30 versus the 5w30 in it all ready.wonder if there is any benefits. Doing RP in the Trans this weekend, working up t the Differentials and transfer case and the cooling system. RP all the way!

rdtahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
x2 on the royal purple, that stuff is amazing. My only problem is that It burns away kinda quick, or i might have a very little leak. dont see one, but about every 3 months I find myself add oil to it. thinking about going with the 10w30 versus the 5w30 in it all ready.wonder if there is any benefits. Doing RP in the Trans this weekend, working up t the Differentials and transfer case and the cooling system. RP all the way!

The lower weight won't have an influence on oil use (0, 5 or 10) , it would be the "top" weight, ie: 30 to 40 that would matter.

A lower number in the lower weight flows better at ambient and cold temp start up than the higher numbers, but I am sure you knew that.

If you do not want to go from a 30 to 40 top weight, you could just mix up a half and half of 30 and 40 and get a "35" weight. If I were to do that, I would use the same brand though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667