Xm reboot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ziggyboy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I had xm on my radio. My battery died a few nights ago and noticed that the xm icon is gone. Called them and they said to take it to the stealership so they can reboot the xm module. Anyone know how to reboot the xm module. My truck will never see the stealership, ever.

Thanks
Paul
eaa61a7021f9565d910da06a9a382b18.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Z

Ziggyboy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anything else besides this stupid idea?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

it's not a stupid idea, generally speaking doing this "should" work, provided there was just a glitch of some type and it just needed to be rebooted, did you even try it?
besides just touching the cables together while you have the battery disconnected stick the key in the ignition and turn it to start a couple times and turn the headlight switch on/off a few times and perhaps even let it sit for a few minutes disconnected as well, this will kill any static power that may be remaining.
before insulting someone, at least give them the benefit of the doubt and try it and tell us if it worked or not, then we can proceed to more in depth diagnostics.
at this point we don't even know if you attempted it and are just being repugnant.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score

You posted a question on this forum because you have a problem and are looking for a solution and the first person to offer a solution you dismiss as being stupid?

There are a lot of knowledgeable people on this forum that are more than willing to help. I’ve seen them shed some pretty amazing and creative light on stuff and help many people solve their problems based on their own experiences.

OP
OP
Z

Ziggyboy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry if anyone got offended. Thats just the way I talk. Thought it was silly to bang the neg and pos cables. I dont even think mine will reach. But I guess worth a try. [emoji300][emoji300][emoji300]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne