XM issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tojo152

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok luckily when I purchased my 13 Yukon it was certified and came with a warranty so this doesn't have to be paid out of pocket.

My issue is that a month or two after purchase the XM played only through the passenger side speakers. Regular terrestrial radio played through both speakers. I took the truck to the dealer and they replaced the factory XM unit. Here we are a few months later and I'm having the same exact issue. Going back to the dealer to see if they can further diagnose the issue but figured I'd ask here.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle, tojo152. I understand that you are having your local dealership look further into your concern. Please keep us updated and private message me if I can be of any assistance.

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

Fatrusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What have you found out from the dealer?

I just picked up a 2013 Tahoe as well and certified too. My XM radio volume is 1/2 what it is for AM/FM. Kind of weird. I have had 2 previous GM trucks and neither of them had any difference in volume.

I am planing a trip to the local dealer for a couple of small issues deside that.

Love the Tahoe!

OP
OP
tojo152

tojo152

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first action they took was to replace the XM unit. The problem returned. They just recently replaced the head unit. We will see if that fixes the problem. I have high hopes that it will.

OP
OP
tojo152

tojo152

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I was actually done with this nonsense!! Got GM to replace new XM receiver, new stock head unit and still back to diminished sound out of driver side speakers....... WTH! [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts