Xbox setup for 2016 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ansley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello fellow members, Newbie from Wauwatosa W.I looking to get some how-to information. I have a 2016 GMC Yukon Denali, I am planning a road trip with the wife and kid to the Mall of America during my son's spring break. My son would like to take his Nintendo Xbox to play with on the long drive to Minnesota. My SUV has a nice rear entertainment system but it does not have a HDMI input for the Xbox however it does have the three Input connection for a composition cable. Someone mentioned that they are HDMI adapters that could facilitate the setup from digital to analog. Any members have any experience in this area?

BK76

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Justinj360

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I rode in a brand new fully-loaded Suburban yesterday and was SHOCKED to see it had every port available EXCEPT an HDMI port. It even had what looked to be an SD card reader! Why would you not put an HDMI port in a vehicle with such a high end system in this day and age?? I've seen a 2013 Honda Odyssey that had one. Very disappointing.

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i cant speak for yours, but thats the cord i used for an xbox in the past. I used it in a navigator though.

VDV18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the vehicle have composite ports (yellow = video & red/white = audio) or component (red/blue/green = video & red/white = audio)? Seems crazy that new of a vehicle would have composite ports.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I rode in a brand new fully-loaded Suburban yesterday and was SHOCKED to see it had every port available EXCEPT an HDMI port. It even had what looked to be an SD card reader! Why would you not put an HDMI port in a vehicle with such a high end system in this day and age?? I've seen a 2013 Honda Odyssey that had one. Very disappointing.

2017?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justinj360

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does the vehicle have composite ports (yellow = video & red/white = audio) or component (red/blue/green = video & red/white = audio)? Seems crazy that new of a vehicle would have composite ports.

Composite

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz