WTH Did I do Wrong? Remote Key not working!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

llllljrlllll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I came to my car today, and I noticed my remote key didn't work, when I tried to unlock my hoe. The good thing is that, that car was unlocked. Thinking it was the battery, I went ahead and I grabbed my spare keys, with my spare remote, same problem, wont lock, or unlock the car. So I though that I needed to reprogram my remote. Owners manual page 262, did the steps.
1. Press the vehicle information button until PRESS (CHECK MARK) TO RELEARN REMOTE KEY displays.
2. Press the set/reset button until REMOTE KEY LEARNING ACTIVE is displayed.

Did it, and NO REMOTE KEY LEARNING ACTIVE Not displayed. It just flashes and it stays in the RELEARN REMOTE KEY. If you know the answer help a brother out. I need to lock this hoe, when I go out. By the way, when it flashed, yes I did press the unlock and lock buttons at the same time for more than a minute and nothing. Just in case somebody asks me.

hbr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like a BCM issue, dealer reflash. mine did it after I let the battery die for a few days.

OP
OP
L

llllljrlllll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, I'm really having a bad day today. I made sure that the feature that locks the car is turned off on the dic. So nobody would lock the car by mistake, for the just in case the remote would work. I go back to my truck and the fu$8in truck is locked, and to top it all off some assholes broke into my truck a few weeks back, and they messed up the only lock in the car that the key goes in, the driver side. So my fu$8in key doesn't work. And now i'm locked out of the car. I don't subscribe to OnStar so I'm ******. Damn.

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

sounds like a BCM issue, dealer reflash. mine did it after I let the battery die for a few days.

The only problem with that is that on mine the battery hasn't died. Don't have a clue as to what happened.

Sidepipes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Locksmith or AAA time? I was locked out and the AAA guy slipped a long thin piece of metal down the window on my Vette, and the door lock released.

Good Luck -- That is really a bad day!

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
llllljrlllll
Well, if you would like to send me your name and VIN number I can forward this question on and see if I can find out any more information.
Breanne
Chevrolet Customer Service

OP
OP
L

llllljrlllll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update, I called the dealer, spoke the guy that had helped me out earlier on my cluster. Very nicely on the phone, he told me to come in, that it was a simple fix. I get there, and low and behold, he looked at the car for maybe 2 minutes and told me, that it was going to be $98 to do diagnostics, and on top of that he knew that I had to buy some bs thing he told me about, that I cant remember the name, that was going to be close to $200. So I asked him the if the only thing the module did was open and close the doors, and he said yes, I asked him, why wouldn't I go with an alarm system for my Tahoe, that would cost the same and would do the same thing, open and close the door, and on top of the protection. He actually responded that I could go that route to. So, I decided to go that route. $200 plus what ever fees, they charge, for something that was a simple fix, no way Jose. Or at least I felt that it was a simple fix. Went home, did a lot of research and low and behold, there is a bulletin from GM that tells the dealers what to do in case a customer comes in with the same issues that I came in with. If your tps is on, because my tires are over inflated, it actually was on for 3 weeks, and voila, it causes the dic to stop working, and your remotes stop working, FIX: DSM fuse, located on the left side of the dashboard, open the door on the side, their is a fuse panel, open it, find DSM fuse, pull it out, wait 10 seconds and voila fixed. Go to your instrument cluster, do the steps it tells you to do and guess what, you'll actually be able to reprogram the freaking remotes. I'm really starting to hate GM..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE