WTF is wrong with the 15s fuel filler neck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VICDBOSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had 4 previous Suburbans and none of them had any issues filling up. It's a pita to fill up this car. Nozzle stops on every few gallons. So freaking frustrating. I've tried different gas stations. Same thing. Seems like the nozzle doesn't go in deep enough. Did GM change the filler neck on the 15s or am I the only one with this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SLTexas

Reaction score
I had this issue. Mine was related to the evap solenoid or vent valve i think it's referred to as needing to be replaced. Check engine light came on. Then I was getting a 'tighten gas cap' message. I could never pump gas either. But since replaced all is good now.

undertaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had similar problems a while back with my 07, wouldn't let me get more than a gallon at a time in.....turns out it was the evap solenoid in the rear by the back bumper....good chance you have the same problem, its over pressurizing and shutting off the nozzle (all that safety crap they have in them for overfills)

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same freaking problem. Can't clean my windshield while fueling up because the damn nozzle stops. Next time I take it in the the dealer i will mention it to them and tell them to check the evap solenoid.

evoalex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happened on my 2010, happens here and there on the 2015.

SLTexas

Reaction score
Well even after a month of having the Evap solenoid replaced I still can't fill up. I can set the handle on the first or second little notch to where the gas comes out slower and that's fine but still having the same issue.

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't taken my Denali to the dealer but I notice at another gas station it didn't have the issue.

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
one of my trucks had this problem even after the vent solenoid being changed. discovered if I would jut put the handle about half way in it would work fine. no idea what was going on with it but did that for about a year with no problems

OP
OP
V

VICDBOSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took a trip to Vegas recently and filled up the tank a couple of times there. No problems. I live in the LA area and so far all the gas stations I've been to seem to cut off the fuel every few gallons. Maybe the nozzles are different in different parts of the county. I dunno. It sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
35thpewterz