would love some corvette servo help ASAP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seven9st surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried installing my corvette servo today and ran into a problem. I followed a combination of walkthroughs and just about have everything in. The problem is I can't get the cover back on. I made sure the 4th apply piston is installed the right direction, long part outwards. No matter how much force I use with the crowbar, I can't get it to pop back into place. It looks like the O-ring is getting caught on the inner lip of the housing, and I've even lubed it up pretty good with some trans fluid. Is this normal, or has anyone else have this problem? Truck's up on ramps right now, so any quick help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

OP
OP
seven9st surfer

seven9st surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crisis averted. Took the whole thing apart and reseated everything again. Pretty sure the return spring wasn't aligned before. Now it is, and I was able to depress the cover a lot more than before. Still took me 30 min, a crowbar, a hammer, and a bloody thumb to get that stupid cover clip back in place. But now I have a much firmer 1-2 shift, and pretty good 2-3 shift.

josueh95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
glad it worked out...i had the same problem on mine...thought it was on good..then i took a test drive and cover popped out nd leaked all my tranny fluid...not good but managed to make it back home nd fix it

02 Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice i love my servo it made the ride much more enjoyable. i just paid a trans shop 30 bucks to install it, messing with the trans components is not my cup of tea.

OP
OP
seven9st surfer

seven9st surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice i love my servo it made the ride much more enjoyable. i just paid a trans shop 30 bucks to install it, messing with the trans components is not my cup of tea.

In retrospect, I totally should have done that. I thought it was going to be a quick 20 min install.

So what do you think of it? I'm almost convinced to try this.

Overall, I'm pretty happy. It's gonna take a bit to get used to the new feel, but it's definitely firmer. I will say that unless you have the trans sitting on your workbench, it would be worth the $30 to have someone else do it. The retaining clips are a pain, and having to take the whole thing apart piece by piece under the truck because it's too big to clear is even worse.

OP
OP
seven9st surfer

seven9st surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
about 2 hours total. the first hour of that was just trying to take it apart one piece at a time at and angle under the truck. once I had all the pieces out, it was only like 10 minutes of actual work. Then reassembly was even more of a pain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700