Wooooooo from a life of Hondas to a Tahoe!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Pain@thepump

Pain@thepump

Reaction score
Still around guys, Da Grizzy Bear is still running faithfully and true. 220k+ on the clock and we've only been through one transmission. Last week we had all the bushings replaced, on the 30th we will do the body mount bushings. After 7yrs of the same footwork the wife decided she was ready for a change.

48909790117_1ac94a709f_b.jpg

48909053573_84f33d7d78_b.jpg

48909053578_d38f7d4b54_b.jpg

48909053588_86d1dceffa_b.jpg

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still around guys, Da Grizzy Bear is still running faithfully and true. 220k+ on the clock and we've only been through one transmission. Last week we had all the bushings replaced, on the 30th we will do the body mount bushings. After 7yrs of the same footwork the wife decided she was ready a change.

48909053573_84f33d7d78_b.jpg

Favorite shot of the day Joel!

Couple of questions if you don't mind. What size and brand are the new wheels? What happened to cause your engine to need rebuilding? How have the LEDs held up after all these years? At what mileage did you overhaul/replace the transmission?

Looks great! Love the Z71 look.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome back from Miami Beach Joel! Your Tahoe still looks awesome and definitely well maintained!

OP
OP
Pain@thepump

Pain@thepump

Reaction score
Holy comeback tour! Looks great.

Hahaha Thanks silver.

Favorite shot of the day Joel!

Couple of questions if you don't mind. What size and brand are the new wheels? What happened to cause your engine to need rebuilding? How have the LEDs held up after all these years? At what mileage did you overhaul/replace the transmission?

Looks great! Love the Z71 look.

That's one scary pic right? My wife an I had walked down the street to eat; so returning to see that, on a slope....wooo. I thought to myself man these guys are nuts, but they do it day in day out; better them than I.

Wheels/Lighting:
The new setup is a true 33" we are still on 20's. New rim spec are 20x9 +18, tires are 275/60-20 falken wildpeaks. Best tire choice for a 'hoe IMO. The LED's are still working just fine minus the switchbacks and license plate bulbs. The LED HL's have been updated and I can report back to you with that brand later on. A glorious beam at night w/out blinding oncoming traffic. Sadly, those in front of us may suffer at night at a stop light.

Engine:
I apologize, I worded that wrong. They replaced piston rings.

Trans:
I can be brutal, so I'm impressed w/ GM's auto, I really am. I kick down like a corvette and it moves like a camaro, I've towed 10 cars over 5000 miles through various terrain and some serious altitudes for us socal guys lol (ie. grapevine, cajon pass). The tarns never fully crapped out on us either but at 180/190ish the slip was more than enough to warrant a rebuild. A trans shop we network with did the job for 14-1600.

Welcome back from Miami Beach Joel! Your Tahoe still looks awesome and definitely well maintained!

Appreciate that Dade. Our Tahoe besides the epic dash crack, which many of us experience, has been immensely reliable. Clearly we are a family that drives, haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick