Won't start issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

westman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Went out this morning and my 99 Yukon SLT with the 5.7 vortec won't start. It acts as if it's starving for fuel. It'll run for about 5 seconds and then surges and dies. I tested the fuel pressure, it remains a constant 60psi. I'm assuming the spark is ok since it'll fire for a few seconds. I'm breathing, so it's getting air. Not sure where to go from here. Any suggestions? Oh and there are no trouble codes or flashing lights on the dash.

OP
OP
W

westman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As far as I can tell, everything is factory and working properly.

OP
OP
W

westman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
strangest thing, I got frustrated, decided to say !@#$ it and put everything back together. Was gonna have it towed to a friends shop and bam.... stupid thing fired right up and runs great again. Electrical Gremlin maybe? Pretty sure I haven't seen the last of this issue.

OP
OP
W

westman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I disconnected the positive battery cable, MAF sensor, and that was pretty much it as far as I can remember.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
if the dash engine light did not light up when you turned on the key before the failed start but works now it could be a damaged pcm fuse or a defective ignition switch or the pcm.

OP
OP
W

westman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'll have to keep my eye on it. So far so good though. I'm hoping it was some sort of freak accident, but unfortunately that's normally not the case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401