Won't do a Burnout..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cameron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gearing should be okay I know mine will still burn out and I have 3.42 gears a stock vortec 350 replacement from jegs and 33" cooper discoverer stt's

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
Even at 2500 rpm wont get most trucks to do burnouts, plus there is no need to do them especially on dry pavement. It may seem safe but dry pavement all terrain tires and heavy trucks are no good. Bad for your truck and essentially you. But past that, with all the work you did a tune would be needed to get the full power out of the things you added. If you feel that the truck is running good then you should be good for the power it should have stock but like I said not the full power with the things you have added. Also unless you are done with adding things I would not do a tune until you have the truck complete. It seems you have done quite a bit of work already and may not be done. Do everything before you do the tune. If you get the tune and add something a few weeks or months later you just wasted money essentially, and you will need another tune. Run through a patch of water and get the tires wet some before you start burnouts for vehicles that are not pushing crazy power. If you had a blower or a serious engine with raw power then it would be an issue but idt your motor is pushing out 300+ hps at the wheels. In all don't be down about not being able to do a burnout.

Cameron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AppocAlexx is right there is no need for burnouts on what we have we the size tires and dry pavement it's putting a ton of stress on the rear end tranny and engine as far as paying for tunes I thought Blackbear does free retunes I may be wrong though

OP
OP
B

bowtietillidie88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I really appreciate the advice fellas.. Definitely not done with the build. Ive been caught up in the Diesel world for several years and this is the first gas vehicle I have started to modify and build in a long time. Look forward to reading and learning a lot more from the forum. Hope everyone is having a great week!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Rob Scariano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even at 2500 rpm wont get most trucks to do burnouts, plus there is no need to do them especially on dry pavement. It may seem safe but dry pavement all terrain tires and heavy trucks are no good. Bad for your truck and essentially you. But past that, with all the work you did a tune would be needed to get the full power out of the things you added. If you feel that the truck is running good then you should be good for the power it should have stock but like I said not the full power with the things you have added. Also unless you are done with adding things I would not do a tune until you have the truck complete. It seems you have done quite a bit of work already and may not be done. Do everything before you do the tune. If you get the tune and add something a few weeks or months later you just wasted money essentially, and you will need another tune. Run through a patch of water and get the tires wet some before you start burnouts for vehicles that are not pushing crazy power. If you had a blower or a serious engine with raw power then it would be an issue but idt your motor is pushing out 300+ hps at the wheels. In all don't be down about not being able to do a burnout.

I second that. The driveline efficiency on these trucks stock is pretty bad. You would be lucky to plant 175 to the wheels. It's only 255 stock. Mild upgrades like you mentioned will definitely need a tune. Burnouts on All Terrains are really ******* your truck. Especially if you have the G80 diff. I'd save it for the mud. a good tune with those mods could unlock 30-45hp over a stock engine. Therefore getting you close to 300 at the crank but if your lucky, maybe 220 to the wheels.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
burnouts or brake stands with a 3.42 and those size tires is not happenin on a generally stock motor
you need at least a torque converter with a higher stall speed
because a stock converter will usually stall before yer at a high enough rpm to brake the tires loose

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
Hell i say you want to do a burnout get a race toy and take it out to the track. You have the truck to tow it so put the truck to use and make it work, thats what they are made for.

Iv always said Drive Chevy Race Ford! LOL

Im sure ill get shit for that around here.

Rob Scariano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hell i say you want to do a burnout get a race toy and take it out to the track. You have the truck to tow it so put the truck to use and make it work, thats what they are made for.

Iv always said Drive Chevy Race Ford! LOL

Im sure ill get shit for that around here.

Lol, it's a fair statement as it all comes down to preference. However, I am seeing a lot of ford guys lately with Chevy engines installed in their cars :)

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
Lol, it's a fair statement as it all comes down to preference. However, I am seeing a lot of ford guys lately with Chevy engines installed in their cars :)

wamp wamp wamppp . . . prolly cuz they are cheap engines, everyone knows this ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19

Latest posts