Wondering if spacers with 22s will rub ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

23sonthetahoe

Reaction score
Hey everybody, my boss has a newer bs suv it's an escalade but dosnt really matter what it is. I noticed he either has wheels that are very wide or he has spacers as his stick out like 2 inches out of his fender. With mine right next to it I have the opposite thing going on my wheels go inside my fenders several inches. ***Mine has a 2/3 drop does anyone know if 22s with spacers will rub?** I had 305 40 23s and it never rubbed on my current drop so anyone's help is appreciated.

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's so much more info needed to answer this question.

What tire size are you going to have on said 22s?

What is the width of the rim?

What is the offset or backspacing of the rim?

How thick of spacers?

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say YES they will rub. You already decreased the space in the wheel wells and now you want a tire that sticks out farther (essentially like having a SUPER wide tire) and you now going to try and pivot that inside that opening.

What is the purpose of pushing your wheels out that far might I ask? It seems handling would be changed, and not for the better

OP
OP
23sonthetahoe

23sonthetahoe

Reaction score

How thick of spacers?
I would say YES they will rub. You already decreased the space in the wheel wells and now you want a tire that sticks out farther (essentially like having a SUPER wide tire) and you now going to try and pivot that inside that opening.

What is the purpose of pushing your wheels out that far might I ask? It seems handling would be changed, and not for the better

How thick of spacers?

Hey everybody, my boss has a newer bs suv it's an escalade but dosnt really matter what it is. I noticed he either has wheels that are very wide or he has spacers as his stick out like 2 inches out of his fender. With mine right next to it I have the opposite thing going on my wheels go inside my fenders several inches. ***Mine has a 2/3 drop does anyone know if 22s with spacers will rub?** I had 305 40 23s and it never rubbed on my current drop so anyone's help is appreciated.
My wheels are an inch narrower than my last set I just figured out. I bought the wheels used and it has a multi bolt pattern guy had them on a Ford. Maybee that could be why they don't look right on this, doing this just for looks. The offset dosnt look right the edge of the wheel is like 3 inches inside the fender. Got a new set of toyo g3 ice 285 45 22 on now . Proly just leave it I was just kind of taken back at how weird it looked offset that far inside the wheel wheels.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Not dropped but stock with blown out shocks still cleared 20x12 -44 offset wheels and 275s 3F62D44E-97A0-4268-8FCE-D9F536D5A78C.jpeg

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wheel spacers are primarily to look cool mine rub on 31x”10.5” 2” wheel spacers around +20 offset unknown backspacing Just saying i think I run a smaller tire overall and rub on the “cab” corner with removed inner fenders and aftermarket torsion keys my setup sticks out but rubs the tire if I turn just right or parking 2001 Yukon xL 4x4 you’ll probably run into issues in the same spot or front bumper I think you have wheels with a big positive offset ,pics? 305’s should almost always poke out you have more like flush with the barrel or poking out and your wheels started tucking wheel spacers fix backspacing issues sometimes but they’re primarily to make the vehicle appear wider or the tires you also stress out any and all steering and suspension components and mess with suspension geometry like a lift kit or a lowering kit

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shocks do not effect height, you are still at stock height.

You also have a completely different body style Tahoe, so what fits yours has no regard to what fits OP's.
Isn’t that the body style with the factory non adjustable coilovers in the front? If so the shock bushings wear out and sag like ball joints leading to people thinking worn gas shocks= lowered suspension

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn’t that the body style with the factory non adjustable coilovers in the front? If so the shock bushings wear out and sag like ball joints leading to people thinking worn gas shocks= lowered suspension

They are, but those bushings are very tough. They're not like a regular shock bushing that will crumble and fall apart, they're designed to hold the weight of the vehicle. Even my '07 truck which has been hammered on for 190k miles, those are still in good shape.

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are, but those bushings are very tough. They're not like a regular shock bushing that will crumble and fall apart, they're designed to hold the weight of the vehicle. Even my '07 truck which has been hammered on for 190k miles, those are still in good shape.
I’m just salty at unintentional ride height drop I had to spend $1,000 + more than $500 of parts just to still rub my 31x10.5’s lifted I’m gonna have to hammer in my fender I don’t know how people aren’t rubbing on 33’s with a torsion and coil spacer lift Yukon XL 1500’s have nearly the same front suspension but with heavier torsion bars than regular Tahoe’s and Yukons my XL called for MOOG control arms that are the same as those for regular tahoe’s however I’m at least able to drive my truck again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14