Won’t shift at WOT any advice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Trey Hardy

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
My question is WHY are you so concerned about shifting at WOT 6100 rpm? Do you enjoy working on stuff that much? If it's the vehicle in the first post, you might want to consider a civic or something like that designed to run high rpm. You gain nothing other than premature wear, ****** fuel economy, etc from basing driving off that.

If I'm wrong, and you're a dragstrip oficinado, then I apologize. If you're looking for this to run down public roads and be a nuisance, I don't apologize.

But to get to the question, there are usually torque limiting safeties built into calibrations to prevent this type of abuse. Usually they will cut fuel and force a shift to the next gear, but if you already effed up the trans, that could be your issue. Sounds like you need a built trans and calibration to handle what you are trying to do.
Truck is built for minor prerunning and beach riding mainly. I haven’t took it to the strip yet but I built this as a “play truck” to literally take trash and cut doughnuts and do burnouts… this is not my Dailey driver when I get in this it’s either to take trash or run the immortal dogshit out of it!

Prior to the motor build the transmission shifted fine.
Only thing done to the transmission while motor was being build was change the fluid and filter…

Driving it normally it’ll shift but it feels like she’s got some torque converter shudder and the WOT will NOT shift I’ve got to be driving it easy to have it shift and even then it doesn’t feel like it used to prior to all this.
No codes me and my tuner has played with the calibrations all day and he was pretty determined it was the torque converter and I don’t like to half ass stuff so obviously if I pulled the transmission to add a converter I’ll be rebuilding the Transmission also for a peace of mind that I don’t blow metal into my new converter.

Mainly the purpose of the thread was to see if anyone else has had a issue like this due to a transmission fluid change or if there are any sensors or solenoids I’m not aware of that could be throwing it off or if the shift servos would help?
I’ve added the corvette servo but not the other one it diddnt really help much in my situation

Haven’t pulled the pan yet because I’d have to cut my exhaust to clear it when dropping.
Haven’t really messes with it at all besides a quick wash and trip to the dump.

OP
OP
Trey Hardy

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
There is a high rpm transmission pump spring to prevent pressure loss at higher rpm.

It sort of sounds like it might be related.

In a 700r4 i had to install a shift kit just so it would up shift at wot..
Probably be changing the fluid and filter again, Inspect everything and if no metal shavings are found I may try to add a shift kit for ***** and giggles but I’m pretty sure it’s going to have to be pulled out the truck before it’s all said and done sadly but we will see!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts