Wireless Carplay Adapter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

16yukondenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the one in my original post. lesswire. It did take about 3-4 weeks to be delivered from China, most likely due to all of the container ship issues off California.

Install was pretty straight forward- plug it in and pair it to your phone. After the initial setup I left it in the forward console and closed the lid. Haven't opened it since!

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
the one in my original post. lesswire. It did take about 3-4 weeks to be delivered from China, most likely due to all of the container ship issues off California.

Install was pretty straight forward- plug it in and pair it to your phone. After the initial setup I left it in the forward console and closed the lid. Haven't opened it since!
Would it be possible to get a video of it in action? A big problem with allot of the older xyz brand Carplay adaptors was the split second delay between when you clicked on something or swiped on something. Just curious if that's a thing with this one or if everything is just as responsive as wired carplay.

white15

Reaction score
Do the steering wheel controls work? I purchased a different model about a year ago and couldn’t get the steering wheel controls to work.

John Barry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought the Carlinkit 2.0 from https://carlinkitcarplay.com/ after reading everything I could find on the wireless CarPlay dongles. From what I could gather Carlinkit is the original company that developed it and the other license the technology or rebrand the dongles. I connected it and did the setup and it is working great. The music does sound better in my 2019 RAV4 XSE with the JBL stereo package than it did using the USB stick or Bluetooth. I was using a USB stick setup just like the Owners Manual fro Toyota said to set it up. Had lots of songs that sounded ok but in random play it tended to repeat the same songs. I don't have that problem wit CarPlay and Carlinkit. All the CarPlay apps I have tried seem to work OK. the only bug I have seen is when the song changes and if I am on the RAV4 Home screen the sonf title doesn't change. If on the CarPlay screen it does show the current song. If that is the only problem I am happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu