Apple CarPlay occasionally doesn’t work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eddie2019

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone, first time posting. I just bought a 2019 Tahoe Lt. CarPlay works sometimes and other times it doesn’t. My phone charges when plugged in but screen but CarPlay doesn’t start. I don’t change any of my settings on the phone or car that would cause it to not work and everything has even updated on the car and phone.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, first time posting. I just bought a 2019 Tahoe Lt. CarPlay works sometimes and other times it doesn’t. My phone charges when plugged in but screen but CarPlay doesn’t start. I don’t change any of my settings on the phone or car that would cause it to not work and everything has even updated on the car and phone.
Does it work if your iPhone is unlocked after it’s plugged up? Mine only works after the device is unlocked.

OP
OP
E

Eddie2019

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Phone is plugged in with an Apple cord and unlocked but the projection app doesn’t change over to CarPlay. It’s charging but it’s like the system doesn’t know the phone is plugged in. It works maybe 80% of the time just charges the other 20%.

OP
OP
E

Eddie2019

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does it work if your iPhone is unlocked after it’s plugged up? Mine only works after the device is unlocked.
Phone is plugged in with an Apple cord and unlocked but the projection app doesn’t change over to CarPlay. It’s charging but it’s like the system doesn’t know the phone is plugged in. It works maybe 80% of the time just charges the other 20%.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok. Have you tried another usb port and/or different cord?

OP
OP
E

Eddie2019

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok. Have you tried another usb port and/or different cord?
Yup, tried the port behind the screen and another Apple cord and aftermarket. Same thing, works for a bit then doesn’t then works again after a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan