Wiper blade not touching windshield -Help-

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cybertek

Reaction score
I had the windshield replaced shortly after getting my Yukon a few months ago and noticed that the passenger wiper blade was not touching the glass on the far side. Its about 2-3 inches of blade not touching. It starts to make contact about half way through its movement cycle.
So far I have tried Trico Exact fit and the Trico Neoforms. Same issue with both. Both of the blades also skip or stutter across the windshield. If I put some additional pressure on the wiper arm it only makes the end lift up more.
I do not know if this this issue existed with the factory glass or not.

Is it the replacement windshield?

Thanks!

301499[/ATTACH]"]280rsjo.jpg

301501[/ATTACH]"]2mgwq2u.jpg

Attachments

• 280rsjo.jpg
    280rsjo.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 2mgwq2u.jpg
    2mgwq2u.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 0

Mister H12

Undercover Racecar
Reaction score
Drive down the road with windows up and radio off. Check for wind noise to see if its sealed properly.

Look all around the edges for any gaps (even tiny ones).

MOST of the time it'll be an installer error than deformed glass, especially from Pilkington.

You didn't say who replaced it but.. some installers will remove wiper arms (best). But some installers just hold the wiper arms back to put down the new glass. Theres a good chance if they pulled them back, they could have bent the arms or overextended the spring on the wiper arm that pulls it to the windshield. Just a few things to check.

I've had several replaced, and I've seen some ugly stuff.

ChrisK7UND

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine is the same way. 2008 Tahoe with factory glass. Stupid right! :)

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
All of my GM's since 2000 have been the same way. As soon as the wiper moves up, it hits. Its just right at that very corner. Ive learned to deal with it. Its not like its cleaning a main part of my view down there.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 04 and our company 13 both do the same. It's normal. Neither jump or stutter across the windshield though. One has factory blade the other has anco

Mister H12

Undercover Racecar
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't think it was normal.. out of all my wipers I only have 1/4" not touching at the end of the passenger side wiper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019