Winter Tires & Rims 2007 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff Wilson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2007 Denali has 20" rims on it. I would like to put winter tires on it however I would like to go with a smaller rim and tire. What size tire and rim would work for my application? Please advise

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anything bigger than 17" OEM rims will clear the calipers. You can keep the overall size/diameter choosing a tire size via an online tire size calculator.

TowGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run the Bridgestone DM-V1 snows on my stock Denali rims, 277/55-20. The OE Bridgestone "all season" tires are nice for 3 seasons, but are lousy in the snow especially since I switched to the H-rated tires this past summer for a bit more grip. I've always run 4 snows on every SUV and car I've owned over the past 30 years so snows for the Denali was a no brainer. The DM-V1's transform the way it works in the snow now. Before stopping in anything more than a couple inches of snow was challenging, and trying to get around in the wet sloppy snow we often get around here was not fun. With the snows, it works so darn well the only thing I have to worry about is the car behind me because they can never stop as well as I can.
As an alternative, I've run the Michelin X-Ice on my previous BMW X5 and now have a set on my wife's MDX and they're great too. Bridgestones are better in the deeper heavier snow but the Michelins handle better in the dry.

Last edited:

wwolfe

Reaction score
If you go 17" - 265/70/17
If you go 18" - 265/65/18

I have a 12' Denali with 20's and store these wheels/tires so they dont go out in the Western New York winters.

I purchased off CL a set of Denali Sierra 18" (18 x 8 6x139.7 w/31mm offset)chrome clad aluminum wheels for $300. Still looks good and have smaller foot print tires which is what you want for the winter.

My family has a tire business so we run Hankook RW11 directional snow tires....very reasonably priced compared to Blizzak and Nokian and very good tire for the money.

If you go 17", try to find factory steel wheel or chrome clad steel wheel that came on base silverados or sierras.

Be careful if going with non-oem wheels as offset is not the same and in many cases stick out of wheel wells more.

E1E

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Currently I have gone from the OEM Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza on 20" to the Dueler A/T Revo 2 on the same rims and have not had a good snow to test them out in but they have good reviews.

njracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Currently I have gone from the OEM Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza on 20" to the Dueler A/T Revo 2 on the same rims and have not had a good snow to test them out in but they have good reviews.

I had the Revo's on my NBS Tahoe Z71 and they were amazing in the snow! I plan on getting the Revo's for my NNBS Z71 once the Dueler A/T's are toast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove