Windshield wipers???????????????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boble94

GM All The Way!
Reaction score
so as i was driving in pouring rain, my wipers stopped! so i stopped and waited for a while for the rain to calm down but that never happend. so i said efff it so i went home. very dangerous without wipers haaa.
so my question is, Why did that happened? It has never happened before and so is it the motor? or what?

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
probably the motor, try turning it on, open the hood, and give the motor a nice bang with your fist, its located above the master cylinder resting on the firewall. if that works, then the connection is bad and you need a new one. if it doesnt work, than you need a new one anyways

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
Most likely it's the circuit board rather than the motor itself. The soldered connections aren't the best and cause the wipers not to function properly... You can replace the circuit board relatively cheaply - takes all of 5mins. This is a known issue and I think there was a recall on them many years ago. The recall window has expired, but you can definitely get the circuit board from an auto parts house, junk yard, or dealer.

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea its happened on long drives. had to pull over on the highway and get out in the soaking rain and slam it till it started working again. If im not mistaken i think its $30

misspooh

Reaction score
i had the same thing happen about four years ago. the wipers would wait to stop working when it was really pouring out, never during just a sprinkle. it was a recall but not for my truck unluckily. i think it was just the circuit board.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts