Windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Holt50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys my 97 Yukon 4 door 4x4 364,856 miles. Windows will only roll up with the driver side switches Any ideal what the heck the problem is? I changed the switches on the driver door before the other windows stopped working. Also my check engine light does not come on when key is on.

Last edited:

2010gmcyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the check engine light doesn't come one...the bulb may have been pulled/burnt out. You can pull out the cluster fairly easily to check the bulbs.

OP
OP
Holt50

Holt50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the check engine light doesn't come one...the bulb may have been pulled/burnt out. You can pull out the cluster fairly easily to check the bulbs.
Already checked that. It worked fine until a few MONTHS after I got it smoged

OP
OP
Holt50

Holt50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don’t have the child lock on accidentally, do you?
No I do not. Right after I replaced the main switches on the driver's door the other 3 don't work with ther on switch. Only work from the drivers switches

OP
OP
Holt50

Holt50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok fixed the check engine lite but still can't roll up windows with there own switch only from the drivers side. I have power at all three doors but they won't roll up or down.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you still have your old switch, that is where I would start. Put the old one back in, and check for operation. Since you changing the switch is when it all started, its likely related.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9