Window Tint Pictures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 259736

35% LLumar film on 70% factory front windows. The rear is 25% tinted glass.
Just paid a fine because of the front tint.
My wife got a ticket a few years ago because when we bought our 2008 Denali, it came with tint on the front doors and in Iowa, anything darker than factory on the front door windows or windshield is illegal. I had been planning on removing because I hated driving at night with it, just didn’t get it done soon enough. It was removed that night.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's ridiculous. I can't even drive a car with no window tint, feels like a fish bowl. I have ~20% on the side and 50% on the windshield and still need sunglasses during the day. And the heat reduction from the good film I can't live without now that I've experienced it.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing legal on front side windows
In NY
Iowa is the same. Factory let’s through 70% or so and that is all you can have.

They say it is for officer safety so the officer can see what the driver is doing, but most LEO’s I’ve talked to would rather they limit the tint on rear windows so they can see what’s going on in the vehicle as they walk up to it.

OP
OP
Timothy Sargent

Timothy Sargent

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ended up going w/ 30% Xpel XR ceramic on the front 2 windows as I was looking for something lighter but was worried about it matching.

20201011_134726.jpg 20200919_110942~2.jpg

Tiredmechanic23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What state do you reside in? I doubt Florida as they do not seem to bother with dark tint unless it is 5% or less all around.

cant speak for him but here where I am at in Alabama I would be nailed non stop for having tint anywhere near what any of these pics have. It sucks but its the biggest reason for a ticket around here. Makes most of the income for the local cops and troopers. Loud exhaust that is annoying its just fine, rolling coal to the point it blocks peoples view is A okay, parts falling off your car and no lights you are good, A little dark tint yeah your F-ed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu