Winch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chad Black

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First post guys. So I just bought a 2007 Yukon slt 4x4 and wanting to do a sort of overland build. I have searched everywhere but I can't find any way to out a winch on this thing without having to spend $2k on a bumper. I've always had the warn trans4mers in my trucks but warn doesn't offer it for a Yukon. Any ideas??? Thanks!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

Is there a way to adapt a front receiver to the frame and then slide in the winch and attach power cables to it?

Like this: https://www.etrailer.com/fmr-2007_GMC_Yukon+XL.htm

I used to off road a lot here in Oregon and I had a 73 Blazer that had a front and rear hitch and I swapped the winch as needed to the front or rear. I also used the fiber line instead of steel cable for safety, strength and less weight.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH. Lots of great and knowledgeable folks here, and they will chime in with their suggestions and perspectives.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the discussions.

OP
OP
C

Chad Black

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

Is there a way to adapt a front receiver to the frame and then slide in the winch and attach power cables to it?

Like this: https://www.etrailer.com/fmr-2007_GMC_Yukon+XL.htm

I used to off road a lot here in Oregon and I had a 73 Blazer that had a front and rear hitch and I swapped the winch as needed to the front or rear. I also used the fiber line instead of steel cable for safety, strength and less weight.

Thanks! Looked at this and it seems to be mounted under the front air dam so that will probably be too low. I'd like to get the winch as high as possible.

OP
OP
C

Chad Black

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you
Welcome to the Forum from NH. Lots of great and knowledgeable folks here, and they will chime in with their suggestions and perspectives.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the discussions.

Thank you! Hoping to learn more about these year models. Ive had the 99-06 models more and I see that they have way more aftermarket parts.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you

Thank you! Hoping to learn more about these year models. Ive had the 99-06 models more and I see that they have way more aftermarket parts.

I’m a little late to this so you may have solved it already.

I’ve seen where people have fabricated some receivers that bolt in where your toe hooks are and then have a tow hook that can pin into the receiver or a cross bar for a winch that pins into the two receivers.

Brad Sponsel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First post guys. So I just bought a 2007 Yukon slt 4x4 and wanting to do a sort of overland build. I have searched everywhere but I can't find any way to out a winch on this thing without having to spend $2k on a bumper. I've always had the warn trans4mers in my trucks but warn doesn't offer it for a Yukon. Any ideas??? Thanks!

Not sure if this will work or not, but with some fab work I'd think you would be able to:
https://www.roughcountry.com/gm-hid...nel&find=2012-chevy-avalanche-1500-4wd-375319

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
Yea most bumpers on these are pretty expensive this one is not available anymore. The cheapest you might find will be at least $1500. If you have a good fabrication shop in town you might find a cheaper alternative.

75653361PS.jpg

Last edited:

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What area do you reside in? I know a guy in south east TN that can build one foe you.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you could probably get away with mounting one behind a push bar, but you would have to cut the factory bumper cover, the center portion has a lot of room there is a big space of styrofoam type padding behind the bumper cover and the actual bumper/frame.

you would have to take off the bumper cover, then take some measurements of a push bar and the desired winch dimensions, mock it up and see how much room you have or dont have.