Will these hold air long term or get new wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Time for new tires (either Michelins or Continentals) and MAYBE new rims. Look at all the leaking on this current rim. All four have had this problem at one time or another and now one is leaking again. Can these really be cleaned up for the long haul? Or will this be a constant problem.? I like the look of the OEM rims so would probably get replicas if its time for new rims. Also does anybody know the part number of these OEM rims (they are 20")?
IMG_2174.jpgIMG_2173.jpg

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you haven't used wire brush arbor on air grinder to clean bead area on wheels I would try that first they should seal after that process.
At tire store they have sealer to help seal if you have one that still seep air. Those wheels are available at wheel refurbish company's online but they really look to be in great shape. Good luck with getting them sealed.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My dealer charged around $120 for all 4 on my 2016 years ago. No leaks after their fix.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My shop uses a pneumatic tool with a very mildly abrasive/polishing wheel, and they go over the entire rim mating surfaces with the tire. This has eliminated rim leaks for me. They perform this activity whenever I replace tires. Standard procedure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019