Will Rough Country 2” lift work with Magnetic Ride???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LekGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, my suburban was built last week and is currently in transit. It’s an RST with magnetic ride. Im really wanting to lift it a couple inches. Talked to Rough Country and my local 4 Wheel Parts and both say that the rough country 2” will work with magnetic ride. I find it hard to believe and don’t want to find out the hard way. Can anyone confirm that the RC 2” kit can work with magnetic ride? Would I need a bracket to drop down that little sensor strut deal that the magnetic rides have? Thanks for any guidance!

OP
OP
L

LekGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to know the same!
So, since I posted this, I’ve been researching and talked to rough country. Rough country told me that it does not work with magnetic ride and they were working on a kit that specifically worked with it. He told me to check back late summer. I was also looking at Ready Lift’s website and in the comments, they say they are working on a kit for magnetic ride and that should be out within a couple weeks! I also messaged suspensionmaxx (a sponsor here) and they replied back that they currently are developing a kit for magnetic ride and that it’s in it final testing and is on cars as we speak…so should be out soon as well

sanman28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol. Except for all those folks using it on mag ride trucks. But time will tell I guess. I have a couple more months before mine is built….so plenty of time to see

OP
OP
L

LekGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol. Except for all those folks using it on mag ride trucks. But time will tell I guess. I have a couple more months before mine is built….so plenty of time to see
Just a question for you…if rough country comes out with a specific magnetic ride kit, by the time your SUV is delivered….would you get the magnetic ride kit over the current kit? Or would you still get the standard kit?

sanman28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a question for you…if rough country comes out with a specific magnetic ride kit, by the time your SUV is delivered….would you get the magnetic ride kit over the current kit? Or would you still get the standard kit?

I would get the one marketed for magnaride….but i am banking on it not being any different than what is out now (I could be wrong) but the tact they are taking sounds, to me, like they just haven’t done any R&D yet on the correct truck. Maybe can’t find one. And it is out of an abundance of caution that they default that it shouldn’t be used.

OP
OP
L

LekGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would get the one marketed for magnaride….but i am banking on it not being any different than what is out now (I could be wrong) but the tact they are taking sounds, to me, like they just haven’t done any R&D yet on the correct truck. Maybe can’t find one. And it is out of an abundance of caution that they default that it shouldn’t be used.
All 3 of the companies? Rough Country game me one hell of an elaborate story about causing vibration because of the harmonic balancer just to say that they haven’t done research and development. Sounds to me like they’ve had complaints and are trying to fix an existing problem

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1.5” kit here on a magraride. No issues. There are no links i could even find that needed adjustment on the wifes hc (unlike prior system). The spacer kit worked just fine.

OP
OP
L

LekGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@olyelr what kind of lift do you have? Is it just the lower strut spacer? The U shaped deal? Seems like that’s the least intrusive way to go. I would imagine just 1-1.5” isn’t going to throw off the driveshaft like a 3-4” lift would. My plan is to just throw on a lower strut spacer until the official magnetic ride kits come out. What tire size are you running on your 1.5” lift Olyelr?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71

Latest posts