Will I regret not getting a 4WD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided to keep my order for the 2WD and bought my car over the weekend. I still have doubts on whether I made the right decision by not getting the 4WD, but I think I did. Resale value is not a factor where I live. Most of the dealerships in southern California carry 2wd Tahoes. The people here actually prefer 2WD over 4WD. Also, you can't compare 4WD to AWD. You can't use 4WD in regular traffic to maneuver in and out of traffic. The only place I'd be using a 4WD is in the mountains during winter if I go snowboarding, but I can just pop on some cables and get better traction than I would with the 4WD.
Only thing I disagree with in this is cables and rear wheel drive will never get you better traction than 4WD. I’ve lived in the snow all my life and have never once done better with a 2WD vehicle and chains than with my 4WDs. But good luck to you when you use chains! Enjoy your new tahoe! They are really fun vehicles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons