Will Chevy paint my Tahoe any color?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nadroj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I mean any color in their catalog of current colors.
Was thinking about Cyber Gray. I am not too fond of any of the colors chevy offers for the tahoe.
Anyone know what the custom color choice costs?
I know other companies do it, Audi colors start at about 4K.
-Regards,
Jordan.

2010_5thgen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no, they do not due custom colors. these trucks are built in an assembly plant with other similar vehicles. the only choices offered are what is being used in that assembly plant. so basically, you get what you see......

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no, they do not due custom colors. these trucks are built in an assembly plant with other similar vehicles. the only choices offered are what is being used in that assembly plant. so basically, you get what you see......

There are some dealers that do collision and paint, though, and they'll paint the vehicle whatever you want to paint it. With that, though, you'll lose any warranty you have as far as body/paint go. Not all dealers do that and it'd have to be a completely separate transaction from the actual purchase of the vehicle.

HOE-N-IT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They do a few special colors for fleet vehicles but nothing you would probably want. You also have to order a minimum of 5 vehicles. The non metal parts like the bumpers are also black only. The point is, they don't do custom colors like you want. http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/do...ion=col_trim&typeID=6&pagenum=&butID=3&page=9

Click on the color for a rendering and it will mention the 5 vehicle requirement.

OP
OP
N

nadroj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

diamondbackjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you'd probably be better off just getting one of the cheaper colors like white and then having it painted by a paint shop. :imo:

OP
OP
N

nadroj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
you'd probably be better off just getting one of the cheaper colors like white and then having it painted by a paint shop. :imo:

A factory job is always better. You might need to cut the clear with an abrasive polish though.
I own audis so I have looked into custom colors a couple of times.
My local dealer ordered an r8 gr in matte white. Still had a slick feel so you could maintain it as normal.
I will probably end up getting white or silver. Just something off the lot

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A factory job is always better. You might need to cut the clear with an abrasive polish though.
I own audis so I have looked into custom colors a couple of times.
My local dealer ordered an r8 gr in matte white. Still had a slick feel so you could maintain it as normal.
I will probably end up getting white or silver. Just something off the lot

You obviously do not have a new GM vehicle :yaoface2:

The paint on the new vehicles is laughable at best.

OP
OP
N

nadroj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you polish your vehicle. Orange peel on new vehicles in terrible.
Need to cut the clear coat maybe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz