Will a 2010 Denali 6L80E trans work in 2008 Denali?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Page 36 here.

I got better clutches, pressure boost kit, updated parts that are known failure points and a converter. I’d have to dig up the invoice to make a detailed list. But the guy there said they already address the failure parts with every trans they sell. They even dyno test them. Just be sure to clean your lines and replace the trans cooler. My build thread outlines what I did.

Does this hold more power?

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For that cheap price almost seems too good to be true. Why is circle d twice the cost

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having trouble getting a consensus on this.

My 2008 Denali 6.2 AWD 6L80E has a blown transmission (that consensus I’m sure of). I found a 2010 Denali 6.2 AWD 6L80E transmission available with very reasonable miles, but in 2010+ they have a different part number.

Are the two years interchangeable as a direct replacement for each other?
A "blown transmission" could mean a lot of things, what exactly happened to it? What codes are being thrown?

I don't claim to know everything but I reckon that they are indeed interchangeable, and yes, it would have to be programmed to your VIN and then a Fast Learn Adapts and such run on it. While the transmission is out of the truck, replace the torque converter. Go to Sonnax's website for an invaluable education.

Your local dealership sells GM Remans for about $5K installed with a 100K mile warranty and of course it can be serviced all across the country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65