Wierd Problem with Subs..HELP ME!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gechidan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Whats up family. I have a 1999 Red Hoe, I just installed an amp and 2 subs (Rockford Fosgate Punch P1000-1bd and 2 12" P3's) its sounds really good but if my HVAC unit is on anything but low defrost I get a huge voltage drop and my subs make these really loud annoying sounds i cant even explain. Any ideas people. Thanks in advance.

fyremanpat

Fyremanpat
Reaction score
you might want to go through and check that you didnt expose any of the power wire when routing your wire...also check your RCA too, if its run to close to a power source it can pick up interference. Try turning the radio off completely and see if it still happens. You also might be experiencing a voltage due to more load being put on the electrical system..put def check your RCA and power

OP
OP
gechidan

gechidan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok makes sense, so what would to recommend I do so my electical system can take the abuse...big 3? yellow top? cap?

fyremanpat

Fyremanpat
Reaction score
All of the above..I did a write up a couple weeks ago on a big 3 for less than $30... most trucks have a small output alt. thats where I would start. Go with at least 130-140 amp.

OP
OP
gechidan

gechidan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok kool its warmng up outside so maybe that can be a project for me and my uncle, and as far as a the alt. whats good brand thats not priced too high

OP
OP
gechidan

gechidan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks man i seen some 140amp alts at my local juckyard for as $55 bucks.

josetizapan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea theres 140 amps alt for our trucks. When i replaced my stock alt i just went with the 140 and it was about $150 new. I ran 0 gage wire and at some point i had 2 MTX Tunder 942's with 2 15 inch kove armageddon and there was minimal voltage drop and it bearly dim my lights.

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
first off check all your wiring, make sure you have the right amp fuses. is your ground wire touching bare metal? are the RCA's running on the opposite side of the power wire? after all these then you can go and upgrade

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
simple test, when you have the system playing, and truck running, check voltage at the battery with a voltmeter. See how low it's dropping, then check voltage at the amp..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700