Why does this body retain so much water?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So ever since I got the suburban I noticed ridiculous amount of water when I moved it out of the driveway. What gives? This is like, parked over night, on a non rain day. No reason there should be this much water.... And even then if it did rain, water should be on the outside. Not the inner frame bits.

Ive got rust starting on the bottom of the doors and hope to curb it but where is this coming from and why doesn't it drain?

20180830_070335.jpg

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The backseat doors trap a lot of water. When I detail the 2013 SWB Yukon Denali that belongs to one of my regular clients, I have to pop the rubber trim piece off the bottom edge of the back seat doors on both sides and let the water run out. Anytime you wash your suburban, pop those little rubber pieces off and let all the water run out. It builds up over time.

Reaction score
Just leave the rubber oval shaped plugs out of the bottom of the doors. The actual small drain holes at the corner weld seam get clogged easily

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon XL Denali
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

bladenbullet

Reaction score
if there is no rain it is condensation...its a big vehicle and has lots of metal surface area...it is not retaining water...it is collecting condensation...the body and frame achieve a temperature below the dewpoint overnight and the humid air condenses then drips off...it has nothing to do with design...everything to do with climate conditions...in florida this is common overnight on all vehicles...i have a 1999 regal that has water running off it in the morning when i leave for work...

jmm121783

Searching for the next sunset...
Reaction score
The backseat doors trap a lot of water. When I detail the 2013 SWB Yukon Denali that belongs to one of my regular clients, I have to pop the rubber trim piece off the bottom edge of the back seat doors on both sides and let the water run out. Anytime you wash your suburban, pop those little rubber pieces off and let all the water run out. It builds up over time.

I drilled bigger, separate holes because of this exact issue. Can hear the water sloshing around when you open the rear doors if you have a clogged factory drain (they clog so easy because they are small, but it has to deal with who/how the door was spot welded together, sometimes you will get a good hole that matches up but most of the time the holes overlap each other and the hole will clog SUPER easy).

OP
OP
Derick

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drilled bigger, separate holes because of this exact issue. Can hear the water sloshing around when you open the rear doors if you have a clogged factory drain (they clog so easy because they are small, but it has to deal with who/how the door was spot welded together, sometimes you will get a good hole that matches up but most of the time the holes overlap each other and the hole will clog SUPER easy).

Pics, please?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks like what I see when the ac condenser drips, sometimes it is that much left over the next day

OP
OP
Derick

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks like what I see when the ac condenser drips, sometimes it is that much left over the next day
I meant it has been nasty/humid AF around here lately, so I guess that tracks, but thats a LOT of condensation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan