Why does my wireless carplay signal suck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VAguy68

Reaction score
From what I understand, GM uses a proprietary wireless signal to power Carplay but it seems to cut out a bunch. Anyone else have this issue?

Jgrimberg1979

Reaction score
I can’t get my wireless CarPlay to work on any phones. I have spent hours with onstar/gm tech on the troubleshooting remotely then took it in and still doesn’t work. As soon as I unplug it CarPlay doesn’t work no matter what. Also there has got to be a tie to the CarPlay with the wireless hotspot because that isn’t work either. You say it’s sucks I agree however i haven’t had a chance to say it sucks ir not because neither wireless cp or wireless hotpot connect. Basically the wireless hotspot shows it’s working but phones connected say there no internet even though I have the unlimited plan. Something hardware must be the issue and there has got to be a connection btw wireless cp and the hotspot

OP
OP
VAguy68

VAguy68

Reaction score
I'm hoping there is an OTA update for this. It's super jenky

JR09country

Reaction score
Yah, the system really hates it when my android and my wifes iphone are both connected. I constantly get "wifi interference issues" notifications for apple car play.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

George And

Reaction score
I had an iPhone 10. Worked fine with wired CarPlay, constant skipping with wireless. Got an new iPhone. Same thing. Its the car. I'm sticking to the cable for now. Im sure there will be an update at some point.

Jgrimberg1979

Reaction score
I can’t get my wireless CarPlay to work on any phones. I have spent hours with onstar/gm tech on the troubleshooting remotely then took it in and still doesn’t work. As soon as I unplug it CarPlay doesn’t work no matter what. Also there has got to be a tie to the CarPlay with the wireless hotspot because that isn’t work either. You say it’s sucks I agree however i haven’t had a chance to say it sucks ir not because neither wireless cp or wireless hotpot connect. Basically the wireless hotspot shows it’s working but phones connected say there no internet even though I have the unlimited plan. Something hardware must be the issue and there has got to be a connection btw wireless cp and the hotpot
Yep me too, tried e everything and sill never works wireless

Jgrimberg1979

Reaction score
I can’t get my wireless CarPlay to work on any phones. I have spent hours with onstar/gm tech on the troubleshooting remotely then took it in and still doesn’t work. As soon as I unplug it CarPlay doesn’t work no matter what. Also there has got to be a tie to the CarPlay with the wireless hotspot because that isn’t work either. You say it’s sucks I agree however i haven’t had a chance to say it sucks ir not because neither wireless cp or wireless hotpot connect. Basically the wireless hotspot shows it’s working but phones connected say there no internet even though I have the unlimited plan. Something hardware must be the issue and there has got to be a connection btw wireless cp and the hotspot

And yes there it my hotspot does the samething. exactly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14