Who runs E85?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I started using E85 a couple months back. I noticed a drop in gas mileage but not a severe drop.. About 1mpg. Those of you running it, what kind of gas mileage are you getting?

Before E85 I averaged 14.5mpg bone stock 5.3

Running E85 I average about 13.1mpg.

I suppose I can't complain.. Before I bought my Yukon in April I had a 98 Expedition and got 10mpg regular octane on 22's lol.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's the trade off with it it's cheaper, but burns faster. I think I did some math with it at one point and decided it actually cost more to run e85 per mile.

OP
OP
Charcoalyukon04
Reaction score
I'm not to sure if it costs me more in the end or not. I don't drive a ton. Ive only put 3,400 miles on my truck since April so I can't see a big difference.

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the trade off with it it's cheaper, but burns faster. I think I did some math with it at one point and decided it actually cost more to run e85 per mile.

I did the same thing a few years back, and arrived at the same outcome.

Any word on whether E85 is harder on the vehicle's fuel delivery system, or any other negative side effects of using it?

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As long as your vehicle is a flex fuel version then your good. It's actually a higher octane, so if your performance oriented then it's beneficial to you. The slight overall cost difference is worth the extra octane. I wouldn't mind running it for the extra get up and go lol but there is only one station near me and it's too far out of the way to justify it.

Burbin

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If e85 isn't a $1.00 or more cheaper don't waste your time.!

Burbin

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Use that $hit up lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwallace81