Who has installed a lockpick gen 6?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

ckylesworld

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had to send mine back. They are supposto send me another one. They will have had it 2 weeks this friday. I called and they said it could take up to 2 weeks for them to mail it back. I am going to call this Friday to make sure they mail it back.

Mine just keep hanging up. If I would watch a movie while driving then turn the car off then back on and go to the gps it wouldnt do anything but move in a circle and it would be stuck somewhere other than where I was. I talked to Carlos at coastaletech and he said it sounded like a bad gen6 unit. I will see when it comes back. I will try it again.

IrishTR

Reaction score
I had to send mine back. They are supposto send me another one. They will have had it 2 weeks this friday. I called and they said it could take up to 2 weeks for them to mail it back. I am going to call this Friday to make sure they mail it back.

Mine just keep hanging up. If I would watch a movie while driving then turn the car off then back on and go to the gps it wouldnt do anything but move in a circle and it would be stuck somewhere other than where I was. I talked to Carlos at coastaletech and he said it sounded like a bad gen6 unit. I will see when it comes back. I will try it again.

Yea lemme know how that works out. Mine does the same exact thing even after upgrading the firmware from 1.2 to 1.4z. If I have the DVD Override on the NAV just sits there like you described. But if I turn DVD Override off, the Nav Picks up and starts tracking properly. Kinda sucks but something I guess I can live with since I would be watching a movie and not the NAV at the same time. I need to test the NAV In Motion On Override to see if that causes the same effect too.

OP
OP
C

ckylesworld

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thats what its supposto do. I understand that it is impossible for the nav to keep track with the dvd override on because it can only do one at a time. My problem is that the nav never picks back up and gets stuck. Also I learned through this, you CAN NOT have a destination in on the nav and then override for a dvd. That screws it up. You can only do one at a time. I got my replacement gen6 in the mail yesterday and might put it in tonight if I feel like fooling with it. If it dosent work this time im selling it.

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

Oh and also I was told to send a copy of my shipping cost along with the defective unit and they would refund it. Well I got my replacement unit yesterday with no refund so I just called them to day and NOW they say they never refund shipping. THIS IS REDICULIOUS! It was there unit that was defective but to get a replacement I HAVE TO PAY SHIPPING??

I would recommend NO ONE EVER ORDERING from Coastaletech.com and please tell everyone you know that is considering getting something from them to read this.

Also they said it COULD take up to 2 weeks to get it, well what do you know they mailed the replacement unit out EXACTLY 2 weeks after receiving the bad one. Waited as long as they possibly could. I guess im just lucky to get a replacement AT ALL!!

IrishTR

Reaction score
Dang sorry to hear the bad experience. Other than the Nav not tracking during DVD override but picks up once turned off, everything else works good, and the Ipod device as well in combo.

OP
OP
C

ckylesworld

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The ipod thing is a little quircky, I just havent gotten use to it yet but it works. I just hope the replacement lockpick works. My problem is that it NEVER picked up after turned off. I had to take the fuse out for the radio for it to reset. It is SUPPOSTO pick up but mine never did, it just got stuck, that was the problem.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

ckylesworld

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sending back for refund. Replacement unit did the same exact thing as soon as I put it in.

Last edited:

mturnerua

Reaction score
When I installed my PXAMG, there was a perfect spot for it to sit and mount above the radio, however the device's harness got in the way. Since the lockpick is a very similar device, you may end up finding the same problem, if it comes with a new harness.

I ended up putting my devices (PXAMG and Bluetooth) inside the glovebox. It still turned out to be a very clean install.

Good luck and enjoy your lockpick!

What car kit are you using for bluetooth? I'm trying to find one that will work with the GMX-322 Lockpick.