Who’s replaced their drivers seat foam cushion?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denaliz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m going to replace my worn out seat cushion in my 2011 Yukon Denali. It looks like the seat shop doesn’t swell a durafoam replacement for the Denali seats with heat/AC. I figured I’d go oem for about the same price but wanted to see if others who’ve been down this road have any suggestions?

I could most likely get away with buying foam foam pieces at an arts/crafts type store and just add to the left corner to fix the flattened foam if that’s worked?

im bit going to steam route because it’s not a long term fix and I plan to keep this as a play toy.

it’s really just the left side that’s been flattened from sliding in/out for the last 10 years. All other seat cushions are perfect with little wear tbh. Leather is in very good condition as well in all 3 rows but I may go ahead and replace the perforated cover when I do the foam I’m thinking.

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m going to replace my worn out seat cushion in my 2011 Yukon Denali. It looks like the seat shop doesn’t swell a durafoam replacement for the Denali seats with heat/AC. I figured I’d go oem for about the same price but wanted to see if others who’ve been down this road have any suggestions?

I could most likely get away with buying foam foam pieces at an arts/crafts type store and just add to the left corner to fix the flattened foam if that’s worked?

im bit going to steam route because it’s not a long term fix and I plan to keep this as a play toy.

it’s really just the left side that’s been flattened from sliding in/out for the last 10 years. All other seat cushions are perfect with little wear tbh. Leather is in very good condition as well in all 3 rows but I may go ahead and replace the perforated cover when I do the foam I’m thinking.
I went with Seat Shop's durafoam when I replaced the driver's seat lower upholstery, and kind of wish I had gone with the OEM foam instead. The durafoam is more firm and, at least in my mind, not as comfortable as the OEM. That said, it works fine and after a while I have gotten used to it.

OP
OP
Denaliz

Denaliz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with Seat Shop's durafoam when I replaced the driver's seat lower upholstery, and kind of wish I had gone with the OEM foam instead. The durafoam is more firm and, at least in my mind, not as comfortable as the OEM. That said, it works fine and after a while I have gotten used to it.
That’s the type feedback I was wanting to see. Thanks. I’m going to grab an eom foam cushion for sure if my fix of the left side foam doesn’t work.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the bottom half of my heated/cooled cushion in my 09 Tahoe with the factory replacements and I couldn't be happier. The cooling feature is much improved too since the passages collapse over time.

IMG_20190316_124348569.jpgIMG_20190316_124336560.jpg
IMG_20190316_124357075.jpg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2012 is designed different it has the single slot near the front edge instead of the holes, I think they changed them in 2010 when they made other changes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2